or Connect

Posts by rapscallions

glad to finally get the scoop! you are absolutely amazing -- such resolve! congrats again, best wishes on the nursing and much love to your newly expanded family.
mommy2baby -- i run the gamet from furious to really hurt (i'm kinda sensitive, a people-pleaser) it's a bit like grief. but the truth is, i found out she made such a freak of herself calling the school and then calling her daughter's teacher that all i really need to do is sit back and let her unravel and i should come out smelling just fine here. but it has been a very unsettling week. and the school is not ok by me. i've met with my son's teacher and the vice...
ike's mom, you are SUPER cool! you sound like mrs. doubtfire! mamalisa, we jump too!!!
sneak away and fill the tub to the very top with loads of water and bubbles and toys. get in with them if you can (swimsuit if you're not bathing with your kids at this point?) if babe is sleeping, do the late afternoon bath, bubbles, candles , music even. another great idea i heard recently... strip the bathroom down of towels and mats etc. to just fixtures. give each kid a can of shaving cream and go at it. it makes everything sparkle and is of course a total...
thanks so much for the support. it goes to reason, your kids are vaxxed, why the fear... she doesn't see it that way. so i spent all day today trying to just let go and it worked well. there is no reason to put energy toward something negative. move on, be an adult, stick to your standards and understand that different is going to cause eyebrows if not dirty looks and thoughts. HOWEVER... when ds1 (age 7) got in the car after school (yea, i had to drive, even though...
first, thank you to everyone who responded. like i said, i know i can find a lot of support here. and to those who helped to justify her, thank you for reminding me of the other side of the coin. like i said, i do try so hard to remember that each family makes other choices. she has a right to protect her kids as she sees fit (though i did forget to say i only DELAY vax, not unvax... and my only selective ones are prevnar and varicella. now that ds2 age 3 has the pox, he...
Looking for support and to vent... cross posted this to vax threads but it's not as busy as here... My 7yrold ended up with the pox vax to get into kindergarten, but 3yrold just came down with it, hooray. 1yrold appears to be next. You would think the kid had small pox. Maybe even bird flu. I am getting grief from all sides. Except my mom, sis, MIL and ped, I have only talked to two other people who were in support of delaying that particular vax. I've been on the...
never mind resources. she doesn't want to hear it. i called to talk to her today and she hung up on me. it's gone beyond the vax thing i suppose. anyhow, i still appreciate the room to rant!
blissmonkey, as you can see by my chixpox post and story, i am on your side! hilarious that you said it is a right of passage... hubby and i have been saying that all week long. my son is frankly kinda cute all speckledy. and yah, at 3am when he was writhing with itchies, i gave some thought to the worth of the vax, but i thank plummeting for reminding me what i know to be true... we are not meant to avoid every illness in the world. our bodies were built to fight. i know...
when will your child be in school? fall? gives you the whole spring and summer to find a case of chixpox to expose him to. want me to mail a wet lolly your way? we're on outbreak two here. seriously, post on the ohio tribe and keep bumping it, anyone who gets the pox let you know. we were unsuccessful getting my now 1st grader the pox and he ended up getting the shot for kindy... good luck!