or Connect

Posts by jenrose

New recommendations on first foods put meat much higher on the list of better foods, and grains much lower. Meat at least has fat, protein and iron without being sprayed with chemicals. That said, babyfood meat wont' be my baby's first food, but he might well get well-cooked grass fed beef really early on in the grand scheme of things. Meat as a first food has much more to recommend it than that awful glue they've been pushing at babies for the last 40+ years.    As for...
Mentally, avoiding the epidural would have been better for me, but physically... after 15 hours of pit contractions I could NOT face the three or more hours more it would have taken me to birth him. And by "couldn't face it" I mean that with every contraction my whole body was tensing up (and I TEACH controlled relaxation, dammit) and all I could say was "no no no no no". At that point I flat out didn't believe it was going to be a vaginal birth. His head just wasn't...
My first.. natural hospital birth. Early labor excruciating back labor, transition and pushing were work, but not exceptionally painful.   # 2... natural homebirth of a child with a chromosome issue (found out later). Huge head. Rapid labor, started in transition, pushing was excruciating and damaged me for months.     #3... asynclitic head never dropped into my pelvis and never triggered contractions, plus my fibro and other issues... we transported from...
The local hospital has a program, relatively new, called "Stork Doc". This is a specific group of doctors who are willing to work with homebirth transport cases, and they are supportive of midwifery care and natural birth.    Ironically, it is easier to get a "custom" hospital birth transporting from a homebirth, because of this, than it would be planning a hospital birth in the first place.   I'm high risk, in general, due to multiple medical factors, but had...
Havent' been posting much here, but I'm still reading, still pregnant.   40 w 6 d. Had a bpp yesterday, baby was in a lousy position but otherwise passed with flying colors. We're hitting the end of everyone's comfort zone, I'm not particularly low risk, and the perinatologist would have preferred I deliver at 39 weeks. I did something to my rib coughing about 5 weeks ago, and it went from getting better to getting worse again, and is starting to interfere with my...
40 weeks 6 days. Baby needs to come now... so very done.
Shiny loves music too, and sings far better than she talks in most cases. 
*edited because my information source was incorrect*
Shiny's  condition is so rare that when the doc said, "We need to test her chromosomes" and I said, "What do you think is wrong", she couldn't answer. And she was right. I could look at my daughter and say, "It's not one of the major trisomies" but there is NO way of knowing which chromosome has the problem just by looking at a kid. In fact, I saw a picture of a little boy on a special needs families community, and said, "Has he been chromosome tested? He looks like my...
That's fine if the SLP is going to happen soon. I knew my daughter would need speech therapy from very young, nearly from birth. NO one would prescribe speech therapy for her until age 2 or 3, and there was no way in heck I was missing those first years of language development.