or Connect

Posts by jenrose

I'd go for a Kozy. I'm big,too, and found that the Kozy was just really comfy for wearing bigger kids. The Mamababy pairs work well too for older-baby back carries, but I would be less likely to use a single Mamababy for that age. I really think when they're heavier like that you'll be happier with something over both shoulders. A wraparound would work, although I can't even think of putting that much fabric around me in the heat we have here right now! The Kozy is the...
You can also do the same basic hold, but instead of having the legs wrapped around your middle, bring both legs off to the side opposite your boob. This will "lay" baby down more and help us short-waisted mamas nurse more easily!
I think the Kozy is the most completely adaptable back carrier I've ever seen in terms of sizing. Too long for baby? Roll the bottom. Straps longer than you want? Tuck 'em in. Because you can tie almost anywhere along the strap length, I've even put a Kozy on a two-year-old to carry his toys around... had to wrap the straps around his waist a million times, but still... Looked pretty silly, but he's only 2 1/2 feet tall and maybe 25 pounds. Honestly, I can't imagine...
I think pouches have the shortest learning curve, and for a winter baby, I honestly can't think of a single pouch I like better than the Kangaroo Korner adjustable fleece pouch. I do like the Maya Adjustable for summer better than the KKACP. For newborns, other great options include the MamaBaby, Hug-a-Bub, Mobywrap. Pouches are a perfect starting "learning" point, and I find there are certain ages where I won't reach for anything else, particularly 10 months old when...
The mamababy was actually created while I was parenting a newborn foster child. I started with one, developed the second sling carry because he was a little shoulder-monkey--wanted to be upright and *high* all the time. He went everywhere with me--choir, work, my daughter's school, my parent's house, shopping. He was with us for 3 1/2 months and I never even bothered thinking about buying a stroller. When he moved on, I sent a pair of slings with him and they were used as...
hmmm... hard to say. Because I had one visit with a midwife (CNM) a week and a half ago, but she didn't even know I was pg until 3 minutes before we were done. (It was a miscarriage "debrief" more than a prenatal.) Mostly I was there to touch base and get her help arranging my backup. I'm seeing my "real" midwife next week... she doesn't know I'm pg either (again, technically a "miscarriage debrief"... I miscarried 3 weeks before this baby was concieved) but will...