or Connect

Posts by Lovinbeinamama

Hi:  I did some vaccines early on, but the last ones were when DS was 6 months old....my whole life has changed since then, and I changed my mind then about vaccines, and I'm not going back!  I may move this summer to South Carolina, and I've found information about getting an exemption--only religious and medical allowed.  I'll be using a religious exemption.  You have to go in person to get the form, and I'm just wondering if anybody has done it and if they hassled you...
Hi:  I'm not someone who had no immunizations....my parents were a little TOO trigger happy with vaccines (I'm over 40).  But my neighbor's brother-in-law, who is 25, has never had vaccines.  The family is also vegetarians, and they're very healthy (and very fertile, with 7 kids in the family!).    Also, not that you are going to meet them hanging around, but the Amish do not vaccinate, and I had not heard that they were dying in droves from communicable diseases.
Clearly, Otto, you just want to argue this point ad infinitum.  It is valid to say that there are more reactions to the vaccine than deaths from the disease because we're talking about whether the RISK is worth it.  When it's a disease like measles that is rarely deadly, we should be concerned about how many reactions to the vaccine occur, and they are vastly under-reported.    Disease is a normal part of existence, so being afraid of ever having ANY disease is pure...
In the mothering magazine recently, it discussed the pertussis outbreak in California, and the majority of the cases were VACCINATED children and adults.  That vaccine does not cover all types of pertussis, and not all who get vaccinated become immune anyway.   I am not doing MMR until my son is a teenager and his body and brain can handle the vaccine, if then.  My argument against these vaccines is that the brains of infants and children are sensitive to all the...
Hi:  I'm coming late to this, but it peaked my interest.  I am still nursing my son at 2 years old.  Did I plan this?  NO!  But he likes it, and I love our connection.  And he's really healthy.  He's lean, though, so I had heard previously from a pediatrician that he was "falling off his growth curve."  So I did like someone else said and looked up the WHO chart for breast fed boys, and he was never off his curve!  I stopped worrying and switched doctors.    My new...
Hi:  I was so worried about that, too, when I went back to work, but DS napped fine for the babysitters.  He knew they weren't me, and just fell asleep without nursing.  Now, even though he's approaching 2 years old, if I'm home, he wants to fall asleep nursing for his naps.  Up until 18 months old, he napped on the couch, which trapped the babysitter there with him until he woke up!  But he would crawl up on the couch and announced "Night night!" and lay down and fall...
I'm in NC, but I'll drive! Sign me up for any news of CP anywhere!! Thank you!
Hi: I'm still nursing at 23 months. A lot of it is at night...2-3 times a night. My DS is a thin bean, so I feel like he needs it, and frankly, I'm not feeling too tired most days. I'm not pushing to wean him yet. I guess it's just what you feel you and the child need, a balance of both. I think after 12 months, you can night wean if you need to. Before that, I would hesitate.
If anybody has kids who get Chicken pox in the Charlotte area, please please post! I really want my son to get chicken pox while he's little. Thank you!