or Connect

Posts by horsecrazy100

We are not finding out either. There are so few great surprises in life, and hubby and I both agree that this is one we want to remain :)   We have tons of "gender neutral" clothes, however my 2.5 yr old also rocks pinks, purples etc, so we're not opposed to "feminine" colours on a boy either. I'm cheap and broke and I refuse to buy new baby clothes with how fast they outgrow them, so I have tons of thrift store ones. We have a local store that is $3 per bag and...
I haven't been on the site in a while but used hypnobirthing with the birth of my first (I'm now pregnant with my second and will use it again).    I swear by it. Practice lots and teach your body to get into that state of relaxation on cue and you'll be able to do that during labour as well. I can honestly say, with no exaggeration that with 9 hrs of induced labour(after a planned home birth :( ) and pitocin, I was in absolutely no pain with the use of hypnobirthing...
I just found out I'm pregnant with #2. Our son is 27 months and we hadn't planned to start trying until Jan/Feb. Apparently my IUD and higher powers had other plans and despite having an IUD in place, I found out I was pregnant! There are many more risks because of that and we'll be doing lots of followup appts over the next few weeks. The IUD was removed today and I go for an U/S to check for ectopic or miscarriage caused by the iud removal tomorrow.    Long story...
We are having a home birth too.. I have thought about padding the due date by about 2 weeks as well. However, I would likely forget and just let it slip how many weeks I really am lol.. 
I have a copper IUD and just found out I'm pregnant.. Not sure how much harder it might be to get pregnant with a Mirena as copper does not have any hormones involved. However.. It's possible!
I got a super surprise positive today! We weren't planning to try until January and in fact I have an IUD that was supposed to be removed today. I was late(although still nursing my 2 yr old, so some months have been off anyway..) and decided to test before going to get the IUD out... and low and behold.. It took us a year and a half to conceive my son so it seems so crazy that it happened so fluke and while I was on the most reliable form of birth control!! Must be a...
We just bought soap nuts to try. They say they work great in the dishwasher too!
I would recommend just water and tea tree oil. Simple, inexpensive and it works. I read that it can be used internally for medicinal reasons as it's antiseptic properties are helpful internally as well. It is also used in some mouthwashes, so much be safe to ingest. That's all I plan to use for our cloth wipes as soon as I start with them. I just need to pick some tea tree oil up.
I am more of a lurker here, but I'm 41+3 today.. Have been for a NST and a bio physical profile u/s to check on baby. Lots of Mucous plug the last few days since I've had two stretch and sweeps done by my midwife. Here they will give me til 43 weeks before I have to have a hospital birth.. From the progress I made between the two stretch and sweeps we're hoping it won't be nearly that long though!
I have some spa type music which I love, as it reminds me of my massage therapist's appts. As soon as I walk into her office and hear the music I begin to relax. So I got some similar music to play during my labour. I also got a beeswax and a nicely scented large candle to have lit, depending what I want for scents at the time. I do have an unscented one as well just in case. We have a dimmer switch in the room where I'll be labouring, so we can keep the...