or Connect

Posts by pictures_of_lily

Could you drive a school bus or deliver newspapers? Also, in our school district, they hire people to be playground supervisors and cafeteria monitors, which is for just a couple hours a day at most. If you have a college degree or some college credit (in my state it is at least 60 hours of college), you could substitute teach, which pays pretty well. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaka Falls Ppl can get tax ID #s instead of SSN or in addition to SSN, for tax and job-finding purposes, if they'd like. I'm sorry, but that is not true--there is no such thing that would be a substitute for a SSN if you are eligible for one. There is a taxpayer number (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number) that may be used by those who do not qualify for a SSN, but you can't get it if you qualify for a...
We got my DSD one when she turned 16, and it has been a good thing. She has her own car and drives, and our school district covers a large geographical area--our house is 8 miles from school on a highway, plus her mom lives on a gravel road in the country and DSD must travel a very deserted, isolated road to get there, and it is 10 miles from school in the opposite direction of our house. Add in the fact that DSD is very involved in school activities, having play...
Quote: Originally Posted by splendid As for the taxpayer identification number, I thought that only foreigners are allowed to get that. When I moved here I had an option of getting one, but I thought the only way you could get one is that you had to be a foreign nationals or others who have federal tax reporting or filing requirements and do not qualify for SSNs. Technically you dd does qualify for that. I think you are right. The Individual...
I believe they are well within their rights to turn you down. It states clearly on the SSA website that a requirement to receive WIC is that every household member must have or be applying for a SSN. I think you'll either have to get her a SSN or not get her food from them. IMO, you can't have it both ways--you can't opt out of the system when it suits you and opt in when that suits you. If you decide to not be "of the system" then you will have to find some other way...
I'm a stepmother, and I think he should keep the pictures. DH and his ex-wife were married and had a child, and while I don't especially like his ex and she did do quite a lot of damage to his life, she is my stepdaughter's mom, and I would never throw out pictures of her parents together. It is sad enough that my SD will never get to see her parents together in real life, and it would be very hateful of me to deprive her of seeing them together in pictures, no matter...
Quote: Originally Posted by BunnysMomma SBF, my husband and I are small business owners, and let me assure you, we absolutely have the right to restrict the types of activities and speech that we allow on our premises. It is not just our misperception that we have this right. It is the law. As a courtesy to our clients, we post a sign in the window that states that certain types of attire and behavior (including cursing) are not allowed in our...
I love the look of them and they seem to be well-loved by the people on this board, so I wanted your opinions of having one as my only carrier for a newborn. Can you do a tummy-to-tummy type of hold with them since they do not adjust, or just the cradle carry? I plan to get a Kozy later for when my baby is older but would like to start with this. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.