or Connect

Posts by Kelilah

People worry about phytoestrogens in soy because commercially packaged food is loaded with way more soy than human beings would normally eat.  A non-TF American family who eats Kellogg's cereal (maybe with "healthy" non-organic soymilk) for breakfast, Rice-A-Roni for lunch, Stouffer's lasagna for dinner, and a bunch of packaged snacks in between is consuming far more soy and corn than anything else.  Eventually that's going to build up and cause problems.  Those of us...
Thank you all.  It's kind of weird how very okay I am with all of this; it seems like my friends have had a worse time with it than I have.  Of course I'm disappointed and I'm ready to get the whole miscarriage over with, but I've been my usual self lately, not like last year when I went to the darkest emotional place I've ever been to.  The other night I went out with a friend and had a wonderful time, the next morning I was dancing around the kitchen singing along to...
Thanks, y'all.  I'm not as shattered as I was last time, and I find myself getting annoyed with people who call to check on how I'm feeling, though I know I shouldn't be annoyed; it's a good thing I have a lot of friends who care about me.  I think I'm just defensive.  It's kind of official that I'm defective now, so I'm embarrassed about it, and this is yet another in a very long string of personal failures, so I feel like everyone's pitying me for being such a loser (I...
Thanks, everyone.  Unfortunately, not only could we not find a heartbeat, we couldn't even find a baby.  Turns out it was a blighted ovum and I've been getting more and more pregnant with an empty gestational sac.  I feel pretty stupid, I really thought this one would work out.   Almost a year ago to the day, I was at the same image lab getting the same news (well, that baby had lived for six weeks, but similar).  A week after that my husband's mother died....
I made a similar recipe a few months back.  I cut down the eggs to make them fudgier (it worked) and added hazelnuts.  They were really good, but you couldn't eat more than one small one - they were REALLY farty!  My friend forgot they had beans in them and ate too many, and she was up all night with cramps and gas.  So enjoy, but only a little at a time!
Thank you all so much.  It hasn't stopped yet, it's still the same pattern - heavy spots in the morning, tapering off to a faint trickle or nothing in the evening, then repeated the same way the next day.  I'm more than a little nervous.  I did call the midwife again and she told me to come by the birth center anytime today and they'll listen out with the Doppler before we spend the money on an ultrasound.  If she can hear the heartbeat with the Doppler, that'd be a load...
I love tofu.  I steer clear of non-organic soy and processed foods with soy fillers and such, and I don't eat the imitation meats you can get at the supermarket, but plain old-fashioned tofu is just fine with me.  I get a craving for it once every week or two, and I'm not a vegetarian.  To me it's just another kind of protein, in the same category as chicken or beef or fish; I don't want to eat them every day but I like them all sometimes.   My cutoff on processed...
Wow, you're already lactating!  Impressive!   I've definitely outgrown my bras; I had C's to begin with and I'm pretty sure I'm a D now.  And they're higher and firmer, like they were 10 years ago.  More sensitive too.  I haven't noticed bigger areolas yet.  They're more sensitive but not sore.  The only part I don't like has been having to constantly swat my husband away from them, LOL!  
I actually thought of the pregnancy resource center a couple weeks ago when I wanted to see a heartbeat to put my mind at ease... I was just going to go in for a pregnancy test and then start talking abortion to see if they gave me an ultrasound.  But I didn't feel ethically okay with doing that, and I agree, they probably won't go to the expense and trouble in my case.  Oh well.  The spotting has lessened up a little and I'm drinking infusions of black haw and wild yam...
I'm so sorry.  Take care of yourself and be well.