or Connect

Posts by Martha27

I have a 6 year old boy and a 7 year old girl. Since my divorce 3 years ago they see their father every other weekend. Last time they had a visit my daughter very forcefully decided she did not want to go b/c her father called her a boy and made fun of her new pixie haircut :/ he was kidding around but still not a real cool thing for him to do and it made her come home and cry to me. He did talk to her on the phone and apologize and she seemed OK with that but she skipped...
Anyone else suffering from this? I recently had laproscopic surgery to have a large cyst removed and was diagnosed with endo after the dr. discovered it was a chocolate cyst and that I actually had more all over my ovaries. He told me they will keep returning and my options are birth control pills, which he doesnt think will be strong enough for my case, or 2 different levels of a depo shot (one of which will essentially put me through an early menopause complete with all...
Thank you for the reply. As far as my situation right now homeschooling could work out b/c I work a lot of evenings and weekends mostly and have time during the day. Also my mother stays home and watches kids for a living and is only a mile away so is available when I am not and would make sure work is getting done if I needed to leave my daughter with some worksheets or reading. My ex-husband is around but my mom is basically my co-parent and helps me out A LOT! I rely on...
Hi everyone, I kind of just needed a place to get this out and maybe get some feedback! I am a single mom to two kids (girl 7 and boy 5). I'm thinking about homeschooling my daughter at least and this is why- My girl is in 1st grade with an early Birthday of October 27. our Kindergarten cutoff here is Sept. 30 so she was a month late on that and therefore one of the oldest in her class. She might not be on the "gifted" spectrum but she is a bright kid. She has been...
Has anyone here had any experience salting their own pork? My mother is trying to make salt pork with some of the fat from the pigs we raised and went to a farm and garden store and asked for salt to make salt pork, they gave her a bag of ice melt but then she noticed the bag says not for consumption even though the ingredients list is only 100% rock salt (sodium chloride). It has some black flecks in it that had her second guessing the store clerks advice and we just want...
We had this mac-n-"cheese" tonight and I highly recommend it! http://detoxinista.com/2011/01/move-over-kraft/ we had it with gluten free pasta and mixed in steamed broccoli and sauteed mushrooms, served with a side of beets! very tasty and plenty for the kids lunches tomorrow which is always a plus!!
I found this e-book http://www.ovariancystcures.com and was going to try some of (if not all) of what this suggests. I checked around and did some research on how effective this course has been for other women and it seems legit. But I went to a follow up from my ultra sound yesterday and the doctor has told me the cyst is complex (my cyst has cyst growing on it!) and surgery is what he suggests. I didn't really mention to him the natural cure reading I had found b/c I...
Sorry I don't have much to offer for advice but wanted to send my sympathies! I don't get frequent infections but have had my fair share and I know how awful they are. I once heard of a condition called candida, have you ever looked into that? I know that frequent yeast infections are a symptom among others and I believe it is a specific diet that helps control the condition. Might be worth checking into that if you haven't already. Hope you find a solution!!
I have a 7cm cyst on my left ovary, I haven't been given a lot of details yet on the type but I believe it is just fluid filled. I had a scan Friday and am still waiting for the final diagnose from my dr. but did actually see the cyst and was told by the tech that it was and how big. I had a trip to the ER for extreme pain a month ago and was told then that a large cyst had ruptured causing the pain I was in at the time. Last week I went back to my dr. b/c I still just...
My ex and I have been separated almost 3 years and legally divorced since last May. We went through court with just a counselor and everything went smooth but at the time my ex was unemployed and living at his parents and had just been in a bad car accident so when it came to child support we agreed that in lieu of payments he would just take over the car payment we still owed on and when he came into more fulltime work and got back on his feet we would reevaluate child...