or Connect

Posts by Martha27

that just saved me some typing! that's a lot like my situation only we have been apart since December. It is very hard especially since my EX has anxiety problems and keeps having "spells" that cause him to blackout and end up in the hospital :/ A big part of this problem gets blamed on me from him and his family b/c I caused this by "breaking his heart". Even though I know it really is just a problem that he has dealing with stress in general it makes me feel awful....
thanks for the encouragment! it's what I need, I can be a bit shy when it comes to meeting people! OKC has that wink feature so maybe I'll give that a try :)   hmmm not sure I'd bother with a guy leaving for the summer either, but that's nice having 3 different guys to talk with...maybe I should be checking out Match :)
Thank you for reading all that and replying :)   Domestic violence is the word he used but it is verbal stuff that he's referring to. He does say I hit him but I definatly never punched him in the face or anything like that! He used to say he wanted to hit ME but never actually did- he was mostly just good at making me feel like I didn't clean the house good enough or cook dinner right, stuff like that and saying hurtful things. I realize I could work on my temper...
I need opinions and thoughts on this situation-   STBX and I have been split since December- things were crappy a whole year or so before that really and long story short we moved 2 hours away from our home town last April b/c he had just lost another job and a job opened up for me in this new town so I took it WITH his approval. he claims he never wanted to move which he made quite clear about a month into our new location. He bitched constantly and was a general...
So I'm starting to get discourage on OKC. I really need to just do away with it but am having trouble letting go of my one connection to the possibilty of a date! I just keep attracting the weirdest guys! Just by messages, I don't meet up with just anyone on that site. I haven't recieved any messages or visitors that even seem safe to pursue :(  Should i try making the first move on some guys that I might be interested in? Or is that not "the way" to do it? Is it...
I need to join back in here and hang out more! I have been feeling alone in my single mom-ness lately. I have lots of great supportive friends and family but none live close enough to see everyday and I live in an area I have only been in for a year and well I suck at making friends and meeting people IRL :/ As far as dating well I suck at that too apparently! I have been seperated from my ex since December but really the relationship had been over for a good year for me...
Haven't been here awhile but need to jump back in. I just moved into a new place and have just gotten settled in now. I was sort of seeing someone (online meeting) for about 2 months but only saw him probably 5 times due to my lack of kid-free time and his own schedule. It was nothing serious and I wasn't too invested in it but was having fun being able to go out with someone and have that bit of romance in my life. Anyway this weekend we had planned to go out sat night...
  I'm the same way! Even when someone is matched 95% with me I just can't get over the 5'8" in there profile! and I'm only 5'9" but I just know if they say they are 5'8" they are probably going to be a good forehead shorter then me :/ I look for the 6 footers but will settle with a 5'10" :) sounds shallow but I can't help it!!
Just have to say, this sounds awesome! I think i'd be doing the same things your doing in this situation. I mean it's true you have to be cautious about things when dating someone but then again you cant let something great pass you by!  Congrats on finding a good one and good luck :)   I went on a couple dates with the guy I posted about a few pages back-heavy on the compliments and thinking we would be great together just after talking on IM. Well meeting him in person...
yep we've both said taking things slow is in our plans for future dating. But he does talk about future things a bit, not necessarily with me in his future but in general. However, I will not be letting anyone push me into anything and will be sure to catch that flag. We are planning a meet up this weekend, I think meeting him in person is going to clear up a lot. and anyway, Okcupid says we are a 79% match so it must be fine :) joking of course! thanks for all your help...