or Connect

Posts by Full Heart

Never had a c/s but I have transferred twice (out of 8).  Once was during labor and I had an ob backup who attended me.  He retired and I have not had an ob since.  So last time when I had to transfer to be induced for pih I got who ever was on call and had a lovely ob, it was actually a MUCH better experience than the first time when I actually had care with an OB!  This time I thought about having ob back up and decided against it.  First I am not going to fight for...
I don't find that u/s are very accurate for estimating weight but honestly thats the whole point of measuring women at every prenatal, to make sure there is growth.  Its just as unscientific as an u/s.  Honestly, I never used to get u/s.  That changed.  I have lots of kids and I need to be their parent as much as the one growing inside me.  There are things that can be known from u/s.  You can't know everything, you can't prepare for everything, but if there is a chance...
I transferred last time before labor began because baby was not moving.  I had a hospital birth after induction and everything was fine.  For heart tones if the heart rate does not change thats a concern.  If you listen and its just 140 140 140 140...thats a problem.  You want it to go up and down.  Thats what was happening with my baby that didn't move.  I also transferred with my 2nd after being stuck at 7 cm for a very long time.  By the time we went I was in labor...
I see a chiro and he never asks what position the baby is in.  In fact when I have seen others they haven't either.  Of course I go there for back and hip pain and not because of how my babies sit.  It could be a coincidence that your baby moved.  There are lots of reasons babies are in different positions, not just because of how our bones or ligaments are.  I would think if it was that easy to move a baby, there would never be a baby in any other position but head down...
I had an u/s at 18 weeks that revealed the same thing.  I had a follow up at 25 weeks and it was wrapped twice.  Baby has been growing just fine and so I am not too worried.  I have had a baby with the cord around the neck at birth before.  But I didn't know it at the time.  My labor was long and slow, very easy actually, my easiest labor.  But my mw was concerned because my water was broken and it was taking so long.  But I knew that with a cord around the neck it could...
Last year I was at a baby shower and the woman said she was having a c/s because the placenta was in the way (She had complete previa) and she had never heard of it.  All the other women had never heard of it either.  One of those women was my mother, who had 6 of her own.  She looked at me and asked if I had ever heard of it and I must have had this look of shock on my face that here were all these mothers and not one had heard of placenta previa!  There really are some...
Hormones change metabolism.  You might need to eat more fat, your body might think its starving because you are using so much extra energy.  When your body thinks its starving it stores weight.  But honestly, you gain weight when you are pg.  A lb a week is not bad.  It drives me nuts that care prodivers automatically think that women are eating junk food just cause we either weigh more to begin with gain a lot while we are pg.  I was just accused of this recently myself...
All 8 of mine have been between 13-16 days late.  I might not be on time but I am consistent.
Nerdymom, you might want to ask but if you have another big baby they will probably still test his bs.  They did with us last time even though my bs were fine during pg. 
My cat destroyed several sofas, peed and pooed on everything, she had gone senile.  She stayed way far away from the pool though, just like the bathtub when it had water in it.  Cats don't generally like big things full of water.  They might play in a faucet thats on but something  big enough for them to fall in they generally stay away from.  That said, I loved my $20 fishy pool.  So if you are really worried you could get something like that.  And your cat would have...