or Connect

Posts by Full Heart

And people wonder why I would want to wait to start labor naturally.  I love the table at the end.  Very telling.  And sad at the same time knowing we have not improved outcomes at all. 
From what I have seen you shouldn't have carbs for 2 hours before the test because then your body has that many more carbs it has to work with.  And 50 grams of glucose is equal to 1/2 a banana so you really have to be careful what it is you eat before hand.  google henci goer and glucose tolerance test for some great info.   
Oh yea we get that, and so did my mom (she had 6).  So I have made a rule.  If you want to buy gifts, and I would prefer they don't, please get only whats on my list and nothing more.  I explain with 8 kids if you got them all one or two things each that is 8-16 gifts I have to figure out what to do with! Multiply that by several people and well you get the idea.  Its not good.  So I told my ils to get 1 big gift for all the kids, or at least the bigger kids.  If they...
The mw I am currently using was only licensed a few mos when I hired her.  But I was less concerned with how new her license was than how many births she had attended, and in her case it was a great deal.  She was an apprentice for years, was a doula for years, had traveled abroad to study and attend births.  So for me I would be more looking at how experienced she is and not when she got her license.  Everyone has to start somewhere, someone has to be that first client,...
SynEpona - the stigma of hb here is terrible.  The ACOG is against any ooh birth including birth centers so most insurance won't cover it and many drs won't see you.  I had an ob through my 4th pg who was supportive of hb.  But when I went into ptl during my 3rd he was on vacation and his back up refused to see me (this was in the hospital).  I had a student see me.  It was really awful, she had never even used a speculum before.     Mija y mijo - thats really...
It usually take about a week for implantation to occur after conception.  It then takes about 2 days (women and pregnancies differ but this is in general) for the HCG to be present in urine enough for a pg test to be positive.  So 5 days po would be extremely unlikely.  You probably got pg with the earlier ewcm based on that.  I don't know how many pgs you have had but its really hard to say what is normal for you if you have only had one or two past experiences to...
FWIW, I think having the anterior placenta makes you look bigger.  I have a big anterior placenta and I look really round.  And Yea the only place I feel movement is up high and down low and way out on the sides.  Everywhere there is placenta I can't feel movement.  I'd say with 2 u/s your chances of a surprise twin are very low.  I have had 3 u/s so far and there is def just 1 in there as well. 
If its shadow care and you are ok with getting twice the prenatal appts and dealing with all the tests an OB will want to offer then I don't see why not.  But you we will be in medical machine then.  If its an OB that works with mws, that can also be tricky.  Mws often can only do things that the OB will allow.  I experienced that first hand and when I found another mw I made sure she wasn't working with any obs.  When I transferred last time I had no OB and had no...
I had a hb for my first and planned a hb with my 2nd and transferred for FTP.  I went on to have the next 5 at home.  #8 was another transfer for PIH.  That hospital experience was SO much better.   I couldn't plan a hospital birth with an OB and most CNMs because I want the prenatal care I get from a hb mw.  Which is basically: I don't want any tests and I don't want to fight about it, treat me with respect and discuss things with me.  I just had a TERRIBLE, like I...
I like Vale and Asher, both sound nice. And hasn't anyone heard of Val Kilmer?  Geesh ;)  I have gotten lots of flack for our name choices too.  People come around.  Go with your gut.