or Connect

Posts by Full Heart

For me I simply was not moving to a position in which my mw could listen with a fetoscope.  I feel the benefits far outweigh any risk.  Its difficult enough for me to have a doppler pressed against my belly during labor, esp during a contraction, there is no way I was allowing a fetoscope.  Of all things, thats the least of my concerns honestly.
I plan on doing some meals but mostly meal starters.  Manacotti, turkey, pancakes, muffins, breads, taco meat, chicken breast, bbq chicken, etc.  Since August I have been ftf about every 6 weeks.  I started when I found out I was pg cause I knew once the ms hit I wouldn't be able to cook.  I was SO glad I did that.  Cause it was 2 mos before I was cooking again.  My family had just enough meals to get through.  Seeing how easy it made our lives I have been doing it...
I have and haven't used 5w, PN-6, epo, rrl, etc.  They made no difference in length of labor, how ripe I was or anything. The only thing I liked was the EPO because it made my hair thick and shiny and my skin supple.  I figure most of the stuff out there is probably not going to hurt, but they might not help either.  And for me it was an expense that I couldn't justify.  Not to mention one more thing I needed to remember to do.  I do use Bachs Rescue Remedy when I wake...
http://www.sidscenter.org/TopicalBib/Stillbirth.html  While it might be longer for a multip multips offer protection somehow that primps do not.  Just wanted to point that out.   To the OP:  Honestly this is why some women do not get checked AT ALL.  It tells you nothing useful.  With my 2nd I was sure I was in labor at 36 weeks.  Had my mw check me the next day and I was 4 cm and 100% effaced.  Still went to 42 weeks.  6 weeks I sat at 4 cm without changing.  6 weeks! ...
Usually I have no insurance.  We do now but it does not cover hb so I would have to pay out of pocket anyway.  Most hospitals will have right on their website what they charge for birth services.  The hospital closest to me is $2500 for a vaginal birth with epidural.  $2800 for a cs and 3 day stay.  Thats the self pay prices, not insurance prices.  There is another one that is further away that is cheaper with a payment plan but I wouldn't give birth there (way fewer...
I have had mws request to have snacks on hand for them so I got some trio bars, apple sauce and energy drinks for them.  Before recently it was a huge deal to do this.  Not only do I have a bunch of kids I have to hide that kind of stuff from, but we were on food stamps.  We had 1 fridge for 8, 9 people and we ran out of food all the time cause we had no place to put it.  We were constantly at the store. Not to mention I can not have food in front of me while I labor and...
Do you know what the bleeding in the first tri was from?  I don't know how much orgasm can affect a pg since your uterus is contracting anyway, whether you feel it or not.  And some women experience orgasm without arousal, such as climaxing in their sleep or randomly throughout their day.  It can not be controlled and therefore can't be abstained from.  Given the amount of women that have sex during pg I would def think it is safe.  If you are scared given your...
I have had 2 transfers and honestly there wasn't much I wanted out of the PP nurses.  Just leave me and my baby alone.  I certainly did not want to be asked why I was hbing.  And I def did not want to talk about the transfer with anyone outside my immediate circle of family and care providers.  Like most hb moms I declined most everything, PKU, Eye ointment, Vit K, Vax, and I do not and did not want to be questioned about those things (and I was).  Its not the time or...
My 3rd is when I started measuring big too.  I had us with him and with #4 because of that.  Both times no twins and everything else was normal so I just figured I measure big.  Now I know I will be huge (4-6 weeks ahead) and thats normal for me.  BTW, I am super tired early on, when my ms is knocking me for a loop.  It usually gets better in the 2nd tri, just in time for me to get tired again in the 3rd lol.    Honestly, if you have twins, what are the chances you...
#1 - in my bedroom in the birth pool.  #2 - In the kitchen in the birth pool, #3 -#5 in my bedroom in the bed, #6 in my bathroom in the birth pool.  #3-#5 I did not plan to birth in my bed.  I planned water births.  But they just did not happen.  With #3 I was in my bed and just had to suddenly push and couldn't move (my pushing stages usually is only about 5 min so no time to move).  #4, the only place I was comfortable during labor was sitting in a specific chair.  My...