or Connect

Posts by Full Heart

From a plus size momma I can tell you the most important thing is to eat right for the baby and not worry about what other people think.  Because you are just setting yourself up for problems if you are more concerned about what other people think than about what your baby needs.  Keep a food diary, this has helped me the most.  I was feeling guilty about what I was eating but after I kept a food diary I realized I eat really well.  Just because we are obese does not...
Most doulas have never even seen a hb because most hb mothers just don't need them.  I would, without a second thought, go with the hb.  I have had 6 and never hired a doula. 
Where in AZ are you?  While some mws will travel I don't know if they would travel for twins.  I suggest starting at the  azdhs.gov/als/databases/index.htm  bottom one - az midwives.  Just go through and call the midwives one by one or ask them who they recommend.  GL! 
Quote: Originally Posted by Diyan Yes, many of the OT laws were about health and safety, but many of them were ritual purification for the purpose of setting themselves apart to God. We who are in Jesus are pure and set aside in him, and the OT ritual laws don't apply. However, there's nothing wrong with having a period of abstinence after the birth of a child, as long as you aren't doing it to try to fulfill the law, and as long as you and your...
I know I pmed you but thought I would share the flip side too. I noticed cramps several days leading up to my first ppaf. I also once got really bloated, thought I had gained weight. Another time I was really careful about observing cm and knew I had ovulated and figured in 10 days I would get af and sure enough there she was (and I was playing close attention cause I didn't want to do that whole "how far along am I" game again lol). I think its different each time. ...
For the weaning to cows milk at a year, I would just say, "Why pay for something I can get for free?" or "When research shows its beneficial to do that I might consider it." Or point out that many people are allergic or intolerant to cows milk but not the meat. There is a difference.
My mom uses a virtual school for my 13 yr old brother. He does all the subjects that way. They like it so much that I am seriously considering doing it for my kids when they enter high school.
My wisdom teeth came in straight so I had a choice and decided not to have them removed. But the dentist and oral surgeon were fine about doing it while nursing and pg. I just needed a note from my dr saying it was ok. But in the end I just decided to let them come in. Which I don't recommend. OMGoodness it hurt! I think I would rather just have had them pull it without the anesthesia than go through that again. Get a second opinion (we paid oop too, lots of...
Quote: Originally Posted by naturalmama09 how are you all?! i have missed being on the thread and reading all your comments! but, alas, i have been very busy with baby number 2 - who is now 1 month old (can't believe it). anyway, i had a couple questions for you girls. 1 - can spacing change between kids significantly (more than a year difference)? example: our two girls are 15 months apart. can i expect to have a baby every year to year and a half?...
I got a UTI and Flu a week after I had ds. It was so nice to come home from the hospital to 7 sick kids :. Anyhow ds did not get anything from me or the kids or dh. He stayed healthy throughout. And fwiw, sneezing is very common in newborns. Of course now he is 6 weeks old and everyone has a cold and ds got it too. But hes a big strong boy so its really not affecting him. Just some snot. And I am totally ready for everyone to be well already. Geez.