or Connect

Posts by Full Heart

Why is there inconsistent parameters for these 2 terms? Like one study I read said great grand was more than 8 previous pgs. while another one said more than 10. Its usually pretty consistent in the literature that grand is more than 5 yet I had a dr tell me there is no such thing as grand (or great grand). You are either nulli or multi. He wasn't an ob fwiw. MWs I have studied with used great grand as 8 or more pgs and grand as 5 or more. So what is it? Do people...
Quote: Originally Posted by rhiandmoi You have to shower first because the lotions and conditioners etc on people's bodies bind with the sanitizers and make them unavailable to actually kill bacteria and can cause clouding of the water. Fecal contamination of the birthing pool is a concern for mom and baby. There is a dilution factor if enough water is present that should reduce the risk, but it is hard to know how much is enough...
Well for me I was still way late. I don't care how you calculate my edd I will always be 2 weeks over. I had 2 girls then 6 boys. The girls were both 14 days late. 5 of the boys were at least 16 days late. The 6th was 13 days late. So I haven't gotten earlier, I got later BUT boys are typically later than girls anyway. So that could be why. I will find out if I ever have a girl again.
yup, I got one on my Nose! I look like a fairy tale witch! after I had the baby it got much smaller but its still there.
I have been nursing almost straight for 11 years. I have had a few breaks in there when one would wean. Right now I am tandeming my 27 mos old and my 1 mos old. And I hear you that the toddler could easily nurse more than a baby! And the pinching! What is that? I never had a kid pinch. Bite, pull, latch on and off, but this is the first time with pinching. This week he has taken it to a new level too. He is squeezing my belly fat while he nurses. Yea thats fun. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by OkiMom Ok, two questions for you all. One is just curiousity and the other is a practical question. 1) Do you guys help out your husbands with getting ready for work, lunches, other meals, special projects etc? Im beginning to think that Im the only one that does this but I prep my husband's uniforms, pack his lunches, press his suits for church etc. To me its just part of my job as a wife to do all this. I also do almost all...
Quote: Originally Posted by Quindin Edited to add: About the contaminate "right there" in a land birth, that would only be the case if a woman was laboring motionless on a bed and nobody changed the pads under her. I walk around during labor and push on my hand and knees. You would be surprised. I have seen poop get everywhere (and on everyone), even when the pads are changed and you are moving around. Poop doesn't just happen at pushing. If...
Quote: Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 I think QF means letting go of *control* and realizing God's the one who's in control (of everything including BC). But I believe many people think QF and think tons of kiddos (which is generally true, but not always) and I think there is more to being QF than kids, it's just that it's more obvious. I do get upset when I read nasty things like that article. I think the reason why people equate qf to...
Do you know any hbers irl? How about through your mw? Any hb meet ups in your area? I have had 6 hbs they were wonderful
http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...rtikelNr=21024 http://www.reference-global.com/doi/...5/JPM.2004.057 As Odent points out, most women don't feel the need to get out of the water when they are near birth so this means its probably a safe place to birth. As for fecal contamination, actually I would think there is more risk during a land birth than in water. In water its diluted, in land birth its RIGHT there. You could have a higher rate of infection...