or Connect

Posts by Full Heart

Quote: Originally Posted by cappuccinosmom Yes! It's so annoying. I read the new QF book and some of the reviews of it and articles surrouding it. Wouldn't you know, we're a "dangerous, militant movement". : I find that a lot of people make assumptions without any knowledge, and then base their emotions on that false assumption. IE: They've never actually been judged by a QF family, but they will say "QF are so judgemental! I saw this lady...
I love Oliver but if you shorten it to Oli it would Oli Lee.
Quote: Originally Posted by NicaG odd that boys are discouraged from kitchen play, when so many professional chefs are men Exactly. Have people not watched Food Network? Iron Chef? Hello! My ds has a kitchen, his second now as he used the first one to its death (apparently you can only drag them from room to room so much). All his brothers play with him with it too. And its so cute, my 2 oldest ds' they plan on opening a pizzeria when...
Quote: Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma I *think* we are in the same boat. My primary earthly relationship is with him, but he knows that both of us as parents are to be laying down our lives for our kids and that we put their needs above our wants. Certainly, if it were a life or death situation he better be saving my babies. Quote: Originally Posted by momtokimari Yes. That's what I mean. I think this is very...
Quote: Originally Posted by fruitfulmomma So, what are all you ladies driving these days? We currently are in an Chevy Astro that we just fit in. We can't take anyone extra in the vehicle and if I get pregnant again I am not sure what we are going to do. My husband has a car he can fix up for himself, but he was thinking about getting a truck for work instead. So we could make do in two vehicles, but would that be a waste of gas to split in to two groups...
Quote: Originally Posted by naturalmamaof1 Laundry!! Ahhh Laundry, where do I begin?? I only have one W/D but we only have 2 kiddos, but they are both in cloth + thrush and yeast problems makes me wash towels and such everyday! Yeah but I do have a large pile of dirty laundry at the bottom of my basement stairs daily! I try to get one or two loads done daily + folding and putting a basket or two a day away. But laundry is a hot topic esp. with large...
So I got my QF books in the mail yesterday. Children: Blessing or Burden is a little more in depth and mostly argues against the myths that we don't need to procreate (Be fruitful and multiply was for THEN not now, we are overpopulated, etc). I haven't read it all yet but it looks decent from what I have read. Family UNPlanning is much more simplistic, relying on scripture for their stance. Should be a quick read, I got through 10 pages or so just while nursing...
The rule in our house is that if you are capable of messing it up, you are capable of cleaning it up. The dishes are on a rotating schedule. 2 kids put it away together one day, another 2 the next day. One does the top rack, the other the bottom rack. Now, its not done how *I* would do it but I have learned to let it go. Fairymom - my 5 yr old the other day volunteered to do the dishes when I asked whose turn it was. And he did a pretty good job too. Dh is...
It should still be covered even if they knew you were planning a hb. Its not like its gonna be in the bill to them from the hospital. If someone goes to the hospital for stitches because they were the assistant to a knife thrower who missed his mark its not like thats in the bill. Just that the patient needed stitches. KWIM? As far as how your mw gets paid, she would bill for the prenatal, insurance doesn't cover labor support (do doulas wish!). And they would...
This last time I noticed my dog was acting strange. I never went into labor on my own but the further I got the closer my dog got to me. To the point where she was sleeping at my feet. First she just followed me everywhere. Then she was sleeping in our room. Then the night before I was induced she was sleeping at my feet. I don't know if she was trying to comfort me or protect me or just waiting to see what was going to happen. Shes back to normal now.