or Connect

Posts by HonkyTonka

I asked my doc about the whole sleeping on your back recommendation and he laughed because he said there has never been any evidence to show that back sleeping could pose a problem. Someone hypothesized that the weight of the uterus could constrict that vessel and cause a problem, and all of a sudden it was "don't sleep on your back!".
Thanks very much guys!   I ordered GTC and am reading it now. So far I am liking it. If I get through it in time I'll find a copy of BFW, as most people seem to think that this book was also pretty helpful.   Thanks for your replies!
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone out there has been through this... I'm pregnant with baby #2 and vowed that I would not give birth in a New Brunswick hospital again! Since there are no midwives here, I would really love to go to a birthing centre in Quebec (have family there). Has anyone else done something like this? I'm imagining that there is no hope that my NB medicare will cover the expenses in QC, but a girl can dream, right?
Hi Ladies,   If I was going to only read one of these books, which should I choose?   My first birth wasn't the greatest. I'd read a lot and knew what to expect but was still afraid. Looking for something that will give me confidence to work through the pain...   TIA!
LOL Cait! I came on to MDC to research exactly what you posted!
Hi Everyone!   I need some advice. I was surfing MDC a few weeks ago and came across a thread that talked about the 3-day potty training method. Some kind soul had described the steps for each day. I told my husband about this method and we were on board for PT DD (23 months) this holiday weekend, since we'd have 4 whole days to work on training.   My first problem was that I couldn't find that original thread that got me motivated on the 3 day process, so I had...
Hello! When I was researching which pump to buy for when I had DD, I searched this forum and stumbled upon a thread that had a link to another thread/blog/website that listed all the types of pumps and brands available and discussed identifying your pumping needs before buying one. It was really useful post. The only thing I can remember reading was that I should buy the pump on ebay. Does anyone know what I am talking about?! Would love to find that...
OP Here.   A little more background... I recently posted a video of my LO colouring with a pen, and my Dad (such a worrier) called me up to tell me not to let her play with pens... he used the "it only takes a second" after I told him I was right there. He also reminded me that eyeballs don't grow back. He said that any parent on earth wouldn't let their kid walk around (the table she was colouring on) with a pen. I disagreed, but figured it wouldn't hurt getting the...
Do you let your toddler colour with pens?   Picking up and holding sticks when outside?   My 17 mo loves doing both of these and it freak my parents out. I'm wondering if I'm being too lax...  
I'm curious to hear some responses. I go in tomorrow to have DD's iron and lead levels checked...