or Connect

Posts by Lilly Milly

Thanks everyone! I totally agree about the instincts when falling. I fell in my house once with my chihuahua in my arms and somehow fell around the coffee table and onto the sofa twisting myself around onto my back/side to cradle the dog in such a way to not be smushed! It was the funniest thing ever and I would not have imagined a stranger way to fall if I hadn't done it myself! She had this totally stunned look on her face that cracks me up to this day. This crazy...
I have the Swing and really like it, but I've never tried anything else. I do think it would be nice to have fewer parts, but the Swing is pretty portable which is why I chose it.
Thanks for your input! I'm thinking I will at least try the high back carry and see how it goes. It is so close to the house that if I feel unstable I'll just come back. No biggie. I'll keep the toboggan/sled idea as a backup, but I guess I'd have to tie it to my waist or something or I wouldn't be able to use the poles. I read something about kicking snow onto the sled, but I don't think that would happen when I ski. I am not fast AT ALL. I'll definitely use a sled when...
That's a good idea to pump the remaining hind milk from the first breast. It might not be much but def. worth doing. You're right though, I'm probably over-thinking the whole thing anyway! Thanks!
We use Charlies + OXO-brite. Our load is usually small to medium, so we use around a half scoop Charlies and about a quarter scoop Oxo. For a large load, I use a full scoop Charlies and about a half scoop Oxo. It seemed like we had more rash when I used more detergent. Our wash routine: Cold rinse no detergent, Hot/Cold wash with detergent as above, dry. If we have a rash we just use cream during the day (with bamboo motherease fitteds) with no problem. We wash off...
We use pocket FuzziBunz at night. We have the microfiber inserts that came with it and some hemp inserts. We use 3 inserts, one micro + 2 hemps or vice versa. I haven't yet figured out a consistant winning combination. We never get bad leaks but occassionally a little dampness. We use a sleep sack that is a cotton exterior with wool padding.
I have a work trip coming up mid-March. It's only a couple days so I am pumping a few ounces each morning to build up a stash. I feed at the breast now because my MIL keeps my babe on site while I WAH and was only rarely pumping before. Anyway, my question is am I doing this the best way? I'm pumping in the morning a few ounces from the breast the baby didn't drink from. So, if baby ate from left breast when she woke up, I pump 3 ounces from the right. I do it this way...
I rinse after using so milk doesn't dry in the parts you can't reach and wash the parts in hot soapy water later on (usually I leave it for my husband to wash). Now that you mention it I might start putting in the dishwasher once in a while, but I don't think it's neccessary.
I looked up the Chariot and I actually think we have one of those that our neighbors sold us for $50. The ski kit is expensive though. Maybe this can go on our wishlist for next Christmas or something. It looks like a pain though. Would it be convenient to drag it a couple blocks over variously well-shoveled sidewalks and plowed curbs? Or is it best for driving it to the park where you can park and go? That's a good point about the feet in the Ergo. I also ordered a...
I use myfooddiary.com and it is good because it helps you stay within a window for calories. 1800 is you minimum for breastfeeding but you get more calories if you work out because it is designed to offset those calories against your eating calories. I haven't been losing weight quickly at all, but at almost 6 months pp I have 5 lbs to go. Slow and steady which is great for maintaining a healthy metabolism. Most of my weight came off in the first couple months and then...