or Connect

Posts by cozymama

this isn't a permanent solution to your problem, but rather a temporary idea until you figure out the problem, you can serge your dipes inside out and them flip them the correct way (as if you were sewing not serging). you can serge the elastic to the outer when it's inside out and this will make the edges around the legs/back roll in beautifuly!! it works well for my aios with pul. i HATE T&T (doing it, not the style!), and sometimes by serger thread doesn't match...
Quote: Originally Posted by UnskulinMama Oh and you really don't have to worry about the tabs themselves. If you think about it, the tabs don't touch the wet diaper anyway, so wicking/leaking shouldn't be an issue. Thank you so much!! That's exactly the help I needed I really appreciate it.....and what a good point you made, I've never CD'd before so sometimes the obvious escapes me
This is probably a really silly question, but I can't come up with enough key words to do a search in this forum to answer it myself, so here goes: I'm using my pul for two different projects, and have no idea which fabrics to sew the aplix too. The first is a cover with a poly outer (for beauty sake, lol, not function) and a pul inner. I'm binding it with FOE so it won't wick (right? it won't wick if I do it this way?) But for the aplix, do I sew it to *both*...
Thank you all so much for the help! I think I am just going to get some regular sized ones, and use homemade stuff to roundout my stash during the newborn days. It'll be summer when this one comes anyway, so I'm thinking just a t-shirt and dipe anyway, a little extra poochie in the tush won't matter I love practicing the folds....ok, mostly on my son's stuffed animals, but hey, gotta start somewhere, right?!
since y'all are the prefold queens ..........can i ask a question?? i am planning on using prefolds as my only (or mostly-only) store-bought dipe, with the rest being handmade by me. right now i have a dozen infant sized and would like to get a dozen more-- should i get infant or regular? at what age did you find you could use regular ones? at what age did your little ones outgrow infant pfs (if you used them)? i can't make up my mind about the sizing since i...
It's amazing what happens when you re-read the sticky *carefully*......thank you to the kind mama who pm'ed me!!
Has anyone ever tried anything from littlemonkeywear?? Particularily the monkey buns..........they are so cute, but I can't seem to find reviews of them anywhere? Anyone? I need some wool and would like to support a WAHM.....
I can't belive I just did this, but I bought a size large soaker for baby #2.....who isn't even born yet!! For some reason, I *swear* the description said small, but after I did the buy-it-now on ebay, I realized it said large Yep, now I have a gorgeous, new WAHM-made soaker that two sizes two big for my little one.....so, is there anything i can do? The waist is adjustable, do you think I could cinch it down really small?? Maybe I could add ties at the legs to...
It's not that anything in this thread is unclear but..........are Whole Foods "nicer" cheeses, like their blues, bries, etc. "safe"? Or is it a matter of personal choice? Alexisyael or ChiaraRose, what do you mamas think? Would you recommend it to a pregnant mama?
Oh my goodness, THANK YOU all so much!!!!!!!!! Aside from being starving after reading all these great ideas (which will certainly work their way into our daily dinners too ), I think I've got an idea.... For the adults, a butternut squash lasanga with spinach & herbed ricotta or individual stuffed acorn squashes with pasta & veggies. I love the idea of keeping with the pasta theme. I have a cute (very fake- from ikea) creuset-style baking dish that...