or Connect

Posts by sunshine7

Deleted
Hi everyone!  I coslept with my son (no regrets!) for four years and then my daughter was born.  We've done a lot of musical beds over the past year since then and right now generally speaking my now 5 yo (son) will sleep in his bed in my room next to my bed, where I sleep with my 13 mo.    The problem is that my 5 yo wants to get in the bed with us but sometimes it is very disruptive - he moves and bounces a lot and it ends up waking my daughter up.  I don't care if...
AP family looking for gentle and caring nanny 30+ hours a week in Port Washington, Long Island. If you have any recommendations, please let me know! Thanks very much!
it's funny, my son picked up the same habit and I thought I was the only one! I remember feeling annoyed with it, and that is not a vibe you want to send to your kid, so here's my recommendation: your daughter is old enough to be reasoned with. (you may doubt it, but it is true!) when she pinches your neck gently take her hand and kiss it, and tell her she is a big girl, and big girls don't need to do that to go to sleep anymore. tell her you will give her as many...
Hello everyone. I will be giving birth in about three months to dc#2. I currently sleep with dc#1, who will be 4 soon. I can't imagine not cosleeping with my 4 yo, yet I am not sure how to cosleep safely with two. I tend to fall asleep while nursing (hence the cosleeping!) so I don't feel putting the baby in a cosleeper is a realistic solution (although someone is giving me one). I also don't think I can ensure the two kids will be separate all night given the way my...
Hi everyone. I may be relocating to Fairfield County, CT, and was wondering - are there any "crunchy", more green and bf friendly communities? I have no idea where to start! Thanks for any leads!
Thanks very much for the replies. I should have been more specific! I might be working in the Stamford area or maybe Old Greenwich? I have to admit, my CT geography is not great. Thanks again for any leads.
Hi everyone. I am new here - just signed up today! I have a question. I may need to relocate to lower CT for work. I am concerned about losing my local network of AP moms and I don't know where to start in terms of researching CT communities. I would like to find a nice liberal community with good schools that is hopefully affordable, or at least find a town that is not so rich and snotty! Is that possible? Would appreciate any advice. For whatever it is worth, I...