or Connect

Posts by Headmeister

Wow. So now I'm selfish and not meeting the emotional needs of my children? Nice. Well congratulations to you on being such a fabulous person. Someone should give you a medal. As for me, I'll remember that when the air masks drop down on a plane, it's YOU who needs to put one on and then help your children on with theirs, because if you aren't fully functioning then you can't be there to help your children to the best of your ability. Time to find another board, STAT.
Ok - so if I co-sleep with my kids and I talk about CIO, in ANY form, where do I post??? I'm not a villan just because I mentioned CIO. For what it's worth - I am in chronic pain and find it almost impossible to F/T parent two babies when I get less than 4 hours of sleep (interrupted at best), which is what I'm getting. I'm not looking to have my children scream bloody murder so I can get 8-9 hours of sleep. Those who understand chronic pain AND cosleeping and how it...
I have 2 DD's, one almost 3 and one just turned 1. We have always co-slept with them and my oldest was easy to transition to a crib F/T and then to her own toddler bed (still in our room). My younger DD, not so much. I wouldn't have any trouble just waiting it out for a few months and trying again to start up the transition process but I was jsut diagnosed with fibromyalgia and I am in desperate need of continual sleep. I stopped nursing my oldest at 18mos when I was...
I'll try and answer many of the things you all have mentioned in the probably 10 mins I have before the baby realizes I'm no longer laying down next to her and starts to wail...lol.   1. DH knows how I feel. I just don't think he gets it though. He isn't apathetic to my pleas, but he doesn't know how to help me, and when he doesn't know how to help, he kinda just gets paralyzed. He doesn't understand the solitude. He doesn't understand the need for communication, for...
Mama, thank you so much for replying - you've made me feel much better (both of you have) about my situation. I know all about baby wearing and have made wraps (my fav) myself, only the pain I'm experiencing (and have for the past 6-8 months) keeps me from wearing her. I can't take the added weight on me due to eh knee/back/shoulder pain. She had reflux as a newborn and just never outgrew the constant need for touch. The only time I'm not touching her is when I feed her...
  Thanks for the support... I have worked all my life and recently quit my job due to work issues - but not so that I could exclusively be a SAHM. I'd get another job but I'd never make the $ I was making before, and I'd need that in order to put the kids back in daycare. I actually made slightly more than DH does, so it was a huge adjustment. So, because the only way I'd be able to make that salary again is to work in NYC, here I am.   No gym/free care anywhere close,...
Don't flame me please. I'm just looking for an outlet to be real.   I hate it. I love my children, but I hate that I have cashed in who I am for who I have become, because I get no fulfillment from it at all. I have no family support and no outlet to vent to. Anyone I DO have tells me I shouldn't complain because they have it worse. I'm not trying to play that game, I'm just trying to vent my frustrations, but I have no one to do that with unless I want to be told...
    Thank you SO MUCH for the description of your average day - it has SO helped me see that I'm not alone in how many of my days have gone. And yes, I do need to make a list of realistic tasks and just try to attempt to do those instead of what I'm currently trying to achieve. Thank you SO much, seriously!    
Thank you, thank you, thank you! You get it, you get exactly what I'm saying, and you really did shed some light on things for me as well. Yes, I'm used to being the bread winner (not kidding, made more than DH did) and now to go from doing something where I had deadlines and achievements that were visible on paper to just basically doing what feels like existing and doing little else, it's a huge adjustment for me. As for the minimalist idea, I've been desperately...
Thank you so much for your honesty. I might be dramatising my situation a bit because I'm in the middle of the storm and feeling passionately about everything, but at least I'm honest, which is all I'm asking for. I think a big part of my problem is that I feel guilty taking time for myself when I know there is SO much needing to be done. I don't know how to just let a mess be a mess. I don't know how to be ok with there not being any food in the house. I don't know how...