or Connect

Posts by whoami

My boys are 6 and 2. We spend a ton of time at home and we spent a ton of time outside exploring our town and swimming in our backyard now. I would love to be minimalist. We started out that way but over the last couple years things broke away from that a bit naturally. It's just stuff and we don't NEED it. It's stupid when it comes down to it. I'm taking a bunch of games and educational stuff down to our local bookstore. My 6 year old loves going there, and so I think...
Love your insight! We are working on the ONE TOY ONLY rule,  but right now it's more like the ONE PLAY SET rule. Like you said, it really is easier said than done! I'm learning to accept that kids can "make the room look like a tornado hit it easily". I hate feeling like a nagger but I think the more I remind them to take things out and put them away, at some point, it will stick and I won't have to nag. By then they will likely be teenagers and not playing with bunches...
 We just got these and so far we love them. It was a toss between these or some working glasses which I wanted because you can buy lids for them. Turned out that these libbey bowls (half the price of amazon at ross) we already had have lids that fit the 8 and 12 oz cups. I like being able to put a lid on the kids glasses now when they don't finish their drinks and give it to them later without going for another glass first.
I love this board! Thank you all for taking time to respond. I got the toys under control. I took some of your advice and I feel better. Toys are all separated for the most part, matchbox cars and accessories in another. I had bought some clear plastic shoe boxes a while back and finished sorting things like pattern blocks and connectagons into them. For the most part though I'm using the cardboard boxes from diapers and and it's amazing how many books can fit in there...
My kids are spoiled. They have so many toys books games educational supplies. Our home is largish and can fit it all but I'm really sick of walking all over the toys and picking them up with them only to have them back and spread out everywhere. I could move all their toys into a spare room but I'd rather have the room to have my own spot to try and get back into selling on ebay. I'm toying with just taking all the toys and having them placed on shelves in the shed. If I...
We're a family of 4 living in a 2200 sg home. I just moved the queen mattress to the living room and put the two crib mattresses on top of it. When you walk into our home it's one of the first things you see. I took the bed from the spare/office room but I wanted a place to escape to besides my room and I'm turning it into my ebay room so I can start making some money finally. Before I'd go in there to try and be productive and finally list something on ebay or...
As a mom of boys, I don't think I'd enter a place that says Glamour. You are awesome for opening a consignment shop! That's been my dream for years now, still trying to talk myself into just doing it. Whats age group are you serving? My oldest is 5 so even a store with the name Tots or Tykes may not get me in. A store with a name like Eco Kids Exchange would draw me in though.
Tracy Chapman - GIVE ME ONE GOOD REASON
How old is your son? Support is essential. A stable job and stable support system will be the start towards letting go of the abuse. It may take some time but you will find that calm place within you. His anger has more to do with him than you. You are better than his harsh words and you are doing the right thing by making the steps towards a new future. Things can and do get better with time. 
yep