or Connect

Posts by whoami

How many years do you have left? Maybe you can get away with part time work? I worked PT for 3 years and FT for the last since my employer paid part tuition for FT employees. Most of my tuition was paid through scholarships and I graduated with no debt. My only expenses at the time were food, gas, rent and phone, and this was before I had my son. I'm SO glad I declined loans. If I had to go back and do it all over with a kid I'd do the same.
Balance bikes are great, but you don't need to buy a whole new bike. My sons balance bike started out as a huffy with trainers and my fiance converted it into a balance bike. He did a complete strip down to fit a 2 year old, but your son is bigger so you can get by with simply taking the pedals and cranks off. Once your sons mastered the balancing you can put back on the pedals and cranks back on and it should be easier for him to learn without trainers.
Well my bloodwork came back in normal range, and thyroid is fine. I guess I just need to continue eating better and hopefully things turn around. On a random note, is meat the only source where you can get all the essential amino acids? I was taking tyrosine before this pregnancy and I was feeling more energized.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mama2Xander Are you getting enough iron? Enough B12? Enough vitamin D? Enough protein? Enough EFAs? Drinking enough water? etc. I'd get your thyroid checked too. If you really intuitively feel like you need to eat meat, and you want to do it, then go for it! But, if you aren't comfortable with it, or prefer to try other things first, then I think it would be worth doing some experimenting to see if you can pinpoint a...
Looks like you already figured things out but I had to chime in. Quote: Originally Posted by sosurreal09 i talked to him about it and we will wait until maybe nov or so. he's the one who gave me the "ultamatim" b/c we have been on and off the past year or so. will masshealth pay for couples therapy?lol If he's not comfortable with the idea maybe you can find some books premarital counseling books. I'm sure they exist and maybe someone else can...
haha, I didn't mean to type medicate, but I guess I was thinking that at the time I was typing. I actually do want to learn about herbs.. And I'll definitely look into the books and links suggested. I can't believe I didn't even think of youtube, man if that was around in hs when I origionally tried my hand at guitar that would have made my world. I have all the tools to do the things I want, including a fabulous singer that my future mil gave me, but it's carving out that...
Thanks so much for all your words. I've been weighing over this issue yesterday since I had the whole day to myself. I saw my doctor and she ordered me a complete blood panel so I just need to go get blood drawn sometime next week. Now I'm wondering now if maybe there's a test they can do that would test to see if I'm allergic or unable to absorb certain foods too? I eat a fair amount of whole grains and beans, so yes perhaps the anti-nutrients in them could be disrupting...
I'm sad to say this, but I feel like maybe I shouldn't be vegetarian anymore. I'm type O, I'm not sure I buy the bloodtype diet, but it makes a little sense. For a while now I feel like my body has been telling me it needs meat, or just more protein in general. And my brain is telling me that there is no way I can eat chicken and burgers. I have osteoarthritis, my joints are starting to hurt bad, don't know if it's the pregnancy or what, and my brain has just been so foggy...
Yes we would all be open to hearing statistics on the safety of VCBAS vs Csection. Blossom sounds lovely. Just don't think my insurance would cover it and so cost will be a factor .
Okay I know this might sound weird, but please humor me. I had a dream last night that I started to homeschool myself and finally started to accomplish all the things I want/need to do. I want to learn how to sew, cook, paint, draw, medicate, play guitar, be domestic, etc. I know it sounds weird, but I feel this might help me understand what it requires to homeschool a child, and will better myself in the process. I am considering homeschooling my 3 year old son for K,...