or Connect

Posts by Lilyoftheincas13

My precious baby is a hearty and active 9 month old who, I've been told, is completely spoiled because he "has me trained" as my mom puts it.  :)  This is something that I'm perfectly okay with, because he is a very happy kid.   He is very high maintenance though, so I don't think that would fly in daycare, and in order for me to continue taking care of him myself, I have to do some sort of work, so I've taken in one other child, a 6 month old infant.  She's a sweet...
Quote: Originally Posted by shanniesue2 ... I just decided to stop talking about it. We co-sleep only part time any more (he crawls into bed with us in the wee hours of the morning). We also don't let him cry himself to sleep (When she advised me once to let him cry it out in graduated increments, I told her that avoiding CIO was based on my mothering instincts and she told me that I had to be intellectual about it, too ) But I just don't talk to her...
Quote: Originally Posted by tatsu15 Yes I don't remember ever getting a rubella vaccination, but I also showed titers during my prenatal blood test! How is that possible? You may have been vaccinated even though you don't remember...but it's more likely you actually had rubella. That's what my midwives told me, anyway! Quote: Originally Posted by Jewels06 We have chosen not to vaccinate and my DH's Aunt & Uncle also did not...
Thank you so much for the response! It is maddening, yes. Especially since it's so hard to find a good MD who is accepting new patients anyway--now finding a good one is going to be next to impossible. I would skip it altogether and just go to an ND, but I've got family members breathing down my neck to take him to a doctor even though there's nothing wrong with him and the midwives have done all of his newborn care up until now, but they will not stop driving me crazy...
Hello out there... I'm on the hunt for a pediatrician or family doc for my 7-week old. So far, I've been turned away from 2 practices that were recommended on this board because I have the OHP open card and they don't accept OHP, or don't accept the open card, or have closed their managed care OHP option to new patients, and will not accept us as a cash patient even though the cash is not coming from me. Apparently, if you're on the state but have a family member who...
Silly question: Why is a cold water rinse recommended as part of cloth diapering washing? I just had my little peanut 6 weeks ago and am starting cloth diapering, and the few test diapers I've had to wash I didn't read the instructions; just sent them through a sanitary wash cycle using extra hot water. Is the cold water rinse really necessary?
Quote: Originally Posted by junipermoon Sometimes I feel like my homeschooled, AP'ed children are maturing within some kind of warped, overly safe, temperature controlled learning laboratory that they never leave. Play kitchen. Indoor swing/slide for the toddler. I counted more than 90 high gloss baby board books this morning while organizing. Outside our house are rolling hills and cornfields. Two visible neighbors, but at a distance. We go out...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kailey's mom Thanks everyone, yet again. I will bring all of this up to my psychaitrist on Thursday, and maybe I'll have him schedule me to talk to a therapist in the office. I don't want this to rub off on my dd. I do have a ton of self hate, which is why I think I have this tendancy to be self destructive in a way. For example, smoking cigarettes, even though I knew it was deadly. I would love to wake up one day and not...
Quote: Originally Posted by hakeber ...Oh please, I have a cleaning lady come twice a week now that I am home with dd and she comes three times a week when I am working FT, why? Because I can afford one here and it makes my life happier. Anyone who has a problem with that can suck it... I think I love you!
I should probably not admit this, but I sucked on sugar cubes when we went out for our last "fancy meal out without a baby" tonight. I've found the only way I can cut something out of my diet when I truly HAVE to cut it out is to not have it available to grab and eat. If it's something I know I'll crave, I make sure to replace it with a better option. Homemade applesauce with butter, cinnamon and nutmeg is my fave. (I found organic apples at the market last week that...