or Connect

Posts by keuriweo

bootsvalentine, I hope your consult is reassuring and that you don't have any blood clotting issues.  I know it's easy for me to say don't feel bad about your folate levels...but don't feel bad!  You didn't know.   I'm 30 weeks on Wednesday.  I passed my glucose test but I found out that my hemoglobin levels are still low (8.8) so my doctor has put me on some high dose iron supplements.  Yippee.  Our last fetal echo is on Thursday.  It seems weird to say this but I...
Congratulations to you and your family!  I hope his stay in the NICU is very short and that he's home with you soon.
I'm so sorry that your uncle passed away, ithappened, and that you cannot attend the funeral.   LilyTiger, I'm glad that your concerns with fetal movement have been alleviated.  So wonder that there's a "light at the end of the tunnel" for you.   andaluza, fingers crossed that your lab results are good.  (I'm sure they are.)  It's great that you are walking so much.  (I've been slacking...) eleuthia,  I'm sorry you have so much stress and worry right now.  The prospect of...
May has been a rough month.  We flew out to my husband's home state to see my FIL.  DH has declared that it was the worse week of his life.  It is so difficult to see someone that you've always thought of as so strong and independent in a state of helplessness.  Then, the universe decided to kick DH when he is down and my MIL is diagnosed with breast cancer.  She was diagnosed and had a lumpectomy while we were there.  We flew back because I had another fetal...
    Waffler, I guess it depends on how you feel about rain.  May can be rainy.  However, it's usually more "spring showers" than "winter downpours."  Lately we've been alternating between partly cloudy/mostly sunny days and cloudy/shower-y days.  This month, we've had both 80+degree sunny days and upper 50 degree rainy days.  May is going to start out a little cooler than average but I would guess temps will be in the 60s for the most part and it'll get warmer and less...
Good Luck with your GD test, LilyTiger!    I would say that your FIL sounds crazy, ithappened, but since he's so rich, I guess he's just "eccentric."  My sympathies.  Well, when he's hiding on his island, at least you won't have to deal with him in person.  I hope you can confirm the sexes on Thursday.   Wow, justchanti, so sorry that your husband's job is unstable.  Hope everything will work out for you guys.   Waffler, glad that your fetal echo went well! ...
    Thanks, pennywhistle.  I'm sorry for your loss.  It's awful that your MIL isn't able to share in the joy of your son.  I think DH really wanted to share being a father with his own father.  Earlier, he commented, "I guess I don't get to have my dad and my daughter at the same time" and that almost killed me.  However, things are better now.  The diagnosis hasn't changed but my FIL is out of the hospital and settling back into his own house.  He actually wants to fly...
I've been really sad lately.  I'm just deeply sad, now, but I'm afraid I could become depressed.  I have situational depression sometimes but my usual problem is with anxiety.  Anxiety, I know.  Depression?  eh...  I'm more worried about DH, though, as he is more susceptible to depression.  He told me that other day that he thinks he's becoming depressed.   The bald truth is that my FIL is dying.  And my empathy is going through the roof.  I don't think my DH has...
I'm in, too! :)
Congrats, pennywhistle!  I like the name August (but I am biased as it is a family name for me.)   The lice thing is awful.  I would be so pissed if someone gave me lice as, in one of the miracles of my childhood, I've never had lice!   My week has sucked but I'll probably get into that in another thread.  I don't want to totally bring down this one.   Had our second (of many) fetal echocardiograms last Friday and, thankfully, everything is still normal!  Our...