or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by keuriweo

Waffler, I did get a flu shot a couple of weeks ago because I knew we would be traveling a bit and, basically, well, there are too many Typhoid Marys running around sneezing and hacking without covering their noses/mouths.  To be honest, I wouldn't ordinarily get a flu shot and I probably won't get a flu shot again but I made an exception.   ETA:  I don't think I actually needed to get a flu shot, I just got one for peace of mind.   I don't care to have a lot of...
  Heh, I'm like this, too.  So, at least, you are not alone!  I love salads at restaurants but I can't be bothered to make salads at home.  Salads that I make just don't taste good.  The only veggies I really eat at home (sadly) are baby carrots and broccoli and, oh, lettuce.  Potatoes don't count, right?  Mmmm, baked potatoes.   I'm not even going to detail what I ate today...Let's just say that I need to go grocery shopping.  I'm pretty much down to almond...
  Oh, I don't think I really need to have a full bladder, either.  Maybe my perinatal clinic is staffed by sadists?  I suspect that some people may genuinely need a full bladder under certain circumstances so it's just easier for them to tell all of us to have one.  I plan to sip water on the drive over (I carry a water bottle around with me and sip water throughout the day, anyway) and call it good.  Due to my anxiety issues, there is no way that I could deal with a...
To be honest, I haven't really ever followed the "full bladder" directions before...especially when they say things like drink X amount one hour before your appointment.  Yeah, right.  I think, when I made the appt. for next Friday, the woman told me to drink some ridiculous amount of water - 32 ounces? two hours before?!!  I totally wasn't paying attention.  The last scan I had, I probably drank about 10-12 ounces tops and the scan itself was short so it wasn't a huge...
justchanti, Veritas Vitae, I glad your scans went well.  VV, congrats on your little girl!   I have headaches on and off, too.  I think I get them when I wait too long between eating.   My latest irritating symptom is nosebleeds, though.  DH and I just got back from a short trip to Seattle and I had nosebleeds throughout the trip.  We run the humidifier 24/7 in our bedroom and I think that helps with the dryness here but, obviously, no humidifier in the hotel...
I have to see a perinatalogist in addition to my OB because I have an autoimmune condition.  I like to think that I'm only potentially high-risk because it's more a question of xyz may happen or could happen and not xyz will happen or is happening.  Basically, there is a 4% chance that the baby will have a degree of heart block.  So I remind myself that that means that there is a 96% chance that the baby will be perfectly fine.  The first heart scan will be on Friday...
ithappened, I like to think that I still live in Portland but technically I live in the suburbs now.  I wouldn't mind moving to a close-in neighborhood in the city but I don't think my husband would go for that.  Oh, well.  We're only 20 minutes away by car or about 30 minutes by MAX.  I hope you are able to visit your family next month.  Maybe it will be a little less cold and rainy by then!   I'm sorry you're sick.  Feel better soon! 
Huge congrats, ilovetchotchkes!  How exciting. So good to hear that the remote position is definite, Veritas Vitae.  (Sorry that you still have m/s, though!)   LeAnn A Doula, Yay!.  Books!  I'm planning on building a children's library, too.  To start with, I've got several of my own childhood books (but I'm missing my favorite: No Roses for Harry - boo hiss!  If I can't find it next time I'm home (probably not until next year), I'll have to buy a new copy.)  Also, I'd...
I'll be 17w tomorrow and I've been feeling some little "kicks" since Friday.  Baby seems most active in the evenings but I also feel movement now and then.  Well, I'm pretty sure I'm feeling movement...I'm not sure what else it could be, though - it's not gas.
Do not be alarmed if a strange woman with the initials "SM" sent you a friend request...it's just me. :)
New Posts  All Forums: