or Connect

Posts by marthamydear

Hi Khubacker. I just sent you a PM. I hope it goes through. If not I will post a public message.
Hi Corrinna, I do not know as much about vbac after 2 C-sections, but I hope to think the trends of the 2000's are changing and more care-providers are supportive now. I would suggest you contact some of the Drs. and midwives already listed on this discussion page. They are probably some of  your best hospital based resources to turn to in the El Paso area. Please let me know if I can be of any other help. Best of luck on your research! I know it can be very time consuming...
Yes, I have heard very good things about Betsy Portugal. I am not sure if she would work with a VBA2C. You may consider setting up a consultation with her to discuss it. Perhaps if she does not do VBA2C she can tell you if someone else does. You may also consider contacting Maternidad la Luz, the local birth center. I am not sure if they work with VBA2C, but again, they may have a suggestion for someone who does. Best wishes, lindy23, for a happy and healthy birth.
Nango,   I can't seem to private message you. I've never had trouble with this before. Maybe you can try to private message me and I can see if I could reply? Please let me know if you have specific questions about my experience.    As I mentioned, my VBAC in El Paso was my fourth pregnancy. I had a c-section, then a vbac, my third pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Dr. Lyn helped me through my miscarriage a year and half ago. After her kind and supportive...
Hi Nango,    I'm sorry my reply has taken a while... it seems my 3 children keep me extremely busy these days! I am not a Dr., just a patient, but I agree completely with everything Dr. Novoa wrote! I have had a vbac in College Station, Texas and in El Paso and I think the MOST important thing is to find a supportive care provider. I am happy to share more about my experience at University Medical Center. I know how very stressful it is as you prepare for birth....
I have read Mothering threads for 6 years in which time I have had 4 pregnancies including one c-section birth, 2 VBAC births and a miscarriage. In all this time I have never posted a thread or comment to a thread. I suppose you could say I have always been a lurker. I want to post now in case there are other women in the El Paso or Las Cruces area looking for a VBAC supportive Dr. and hospital. I had a very successful and positive VBAC experience this March at...