or Connect

Posts by FloridaBorn

If she naps mid afternoon that may be too early of a bedtime. She may be waking that early because she has enough rest. My daughter is almost 3 and has gone through a recent period of nightwaking due to her 2 year molars coming in. Even though I would give her children's advil right before bed, it would wear off at 5 am and she'd be up and screaming! Is she getting her molars?
I feel like I have to chime in on this one. We do not own a TV, *but* we use our iMac to watch movies (after our daughter is asleep) and pretty much allow our daughter free reign of the iPad. She has shows that she enjoys and likes a few educational apps. My husband is disabled and I am easily overwhelmed with caring for everybody. Does she watch the iPad all day every day?? No. She watches half a show and runs off to drag all her books to the living room or organize her...
People already feel this way in regards to their cars and domiciles... Choice in more medical decisions such as plastic surgery, elective csections, hormonal injections, those things are already here too!! BUT, the average person's pocket book can in no way keep up. At All. Turn off the TV *programming* and the need to upgrade seems to magically disappear!! I've been watching some documentaries here lately about the origins of man (homo) and am astounded at the hundreds...
But ma2two, the caregiver the OP is interested in is UNlicensed, meaning she can do whatever she wants. There is a reason childcare providers, hair stylists, tattoo artists etc are regulated. Although I respect the comfort level you've gotten to with this person, she's not legally obligated to allow your child into her care, NOR would she be obligated to keep your "secret" about not vaccinating. It's not like there's a HIPPA policy here... My thought is that you should...
Thank you so much for posting this and giving other moms the opportunity consider how our children react to food. I know you must read A LOT of labels. How do you shop now? What do you look for?
Monroe county where? Florida? Maybe try posting this in the Finding Your Tribe section for your region?
I got tired of seeing recipes using cans of condensed soup and cheese whiz *shudder* so here's my method: Cook 3 cups of rice. (2 cups water, 1 cup rice) Chop 1 head of broccoli into small pieces including a little stalk but mostly using florets. Nuke the broccoli with a tad of water for 2 minutes in a glass bowl. Chop 1 small onion. Chop 2 celery stalks (including tops if you wish). While the rice is cooking, preheat your oven to 350 and find a baking pan to put...
Where is a good place online to find out about festivals? How do y'all find out about shows if its not online... word of mouth? I'm kind of isolated in a conservative small town and not on Facebook.
Honestly I think the issues brought up in this thread are why there aren't *more* Waldorf schools! Parents love the idea of it, and I understand the anthroposophical reasons why reading should be delayed etc. but it just doesn't feel right to me, especially for children who are hungry to learn! The opposite side of the spectrum, for example a local private school that prides itself on technology in the classroom and very kid having an ipad, well that doesn't feel good to...
If he can memorize flags and teams, I would sign him up for chess. He may be a prodigy in the making.