or Connect

Posts by FloridaBorn

Marianna is the only place out of the three where you're going to find a house for under $100k. The drawback is that it's fairly rural and you'll have to drive at least 30 minutes to find anything worth doing. If you find a house in Tampa for 100K or less, it's going to be in a bad neighborhood, but you can find homes for that and less on the outskirts in rural Hillsborough or Pasco county (just to the north of Tampa). Tampa's crime rate is pretty bad. You'll find...
I'm 17 weeks and some change. I started feeling my baby move about two weeks ago, and NO it was not gas, lol. He/she would bounce all around every time I would get in the car and right before bed. Those are when I noticed movement the most anyway. I know I felt movement early. This is my first pregnancy and I'm a little fluffy so it surprised me, but was also exciting. Well, for the past few days I haven't felt much movement. In fact, I think there may not...
This product is ridiculously easy to make yourself. Take Everclear (or whatever 100 proof distilled alcohol you can find) add a few drops of an essential oil of your choice (or your own blend!) put in a spray bottle shake
I have a tile and Pergo floored home and I only have 3 rugs: one for the front door, one for the back door, and one in front of the shower. I can take all these and wash them if I need to. I love being able to sweep and mop; that feels really clean to me! Carpets and rugs that just stay down all the time seem so nasty. I don't have a vacuum cleaner.
Quote: Originally Posted by Leta And, call me a cynic, but I think our culture will leave MORE THAN ENOUGH behind for future archaeologists to mine. I don't think links to FB pages count
Well, I've had mono before... but thankfully not while I've been pregnant! My symptoms were loss of appetite, tiredness, night sweats, and an incredibly enlarged spleen. What are your symptoms?? I pretty much used Dr. Google and diagnosed myself, but eventually went to a walk-in clinic and had a blood test to confirm it. The worst of it lasted about a week when I dragged around the house and felt like a zombie, all in all I was better in about a month. Mono is...
The newer Toyotas have just as many problems as current domestic models, IMO. I have a 1996 Toyota RAV4 with almost 300,000 miles on it! Buy an older model Toyota for reliability... something like a camry or 4Runner. I think new cars are a huge waste of money. Get something a few years older and affordable.
Unfortunately a lot of "snowbirds" have the same notion you do about staying in FL for the winter and rates at many campgrounds skyrocket during the winter months. This may not be the case at State Parks, but you may have a hard time reserving a spot at those locations because they fill up so quickly. If you don't mind living out in the country (and I DO mean quite rural), you could find a mobile home for probably around $500/month. However, if you're used to...
I've had two midwife appointments so far and DH hasn't come to either. The midwife clinic is an hour away from where he works and he just isn't able to take off to go with me. My mom has gone with me to both appointments. DH went with me to the Healthy Pregnancy class, but that's only because it was on a Saturday and didn't conflict with work. He definitely wants to be there for the 20 week ultrasound, though.
Awesome quick labor story! Thanks for sharing with us