or Connect

Posts by FloridaBorn

Hey everyone, thank you so much for your replies. Yes, I've seen The Business of Being Born, and have known for a while now that if I conceived I'd want a homebirth at some point. I'm not so concerned with media images (I don't ever watch TV) as I am birth stories that I have read or heard from new moms. "Everything was fine but labor stalled (i.e. went 45 minutes longer than it 'should have') and they had to give me Pit." etc. etc. You all know those stories, and they...
I'm only 8 weeks along and already I'm wondering/worried if it will be "OK" for me to have a homebirth. I haven't read very many 1st time mom natural birth or home birth stories, only ones that sound like, "My first one was birth with pit and cytotec, but the second child's birth at home was marvelous!" Well, I've never done this before... my body has never done this before. Isn't labor more difficult the first time around? Is homebirth the right choice for...
I had natural dreads for three years. My hair was long and blonde before I locked up. I was totally *NOT* prepared for the looks/comments/criticisms from such a broad spectrum of people. The most frequent assumptions were: That I was a pot-smoker That I was a dirty hippie That I liked to have sex with Rasta men Having dreads was the first time in my life when I knew what it felt like to have someone pass judgement on me just because of the way I looked. My...
Last night two names came to me when I thought of this thread: Roland Dirk
emnic77, I'm a gin & tonic drinker, too (well not NOW, because I'm 8 weeks, but that's my poison of choice). My mom suggested that I try virgin drinks when we go out to eat. I'm like, "Mom, how do you make a virgin gin and tonic?!" Haha!
Hey y'all, I read in the Childbearing Year herbal book that a craving for sweets can signify the body craving more nutrients and minerals. I am nauseated all day. I went to the Cafeteria where I work today (which usually has yummy soups, fresh salads, and hot plate of the day) and was just revolted at the selection. Either the food there is going down or my nausea is keeping me from eating what I need. I came home and started to prepare supper for my family. ...
My husband wants to name our child (whose sex we don't even know yet! I'm 8 weeks) "Awesome Dude."
I saw on another forum how some folks had tie dyed onesies! That might not be a quick and easy craft project, but the result looked awesome!
Thanks for the great compliments lilylove and rainbowmoon! In addition to looking at some of the henna patterns you may find online, the best thing I have found is to look in Indian or Persian art books so that you can absorb and appreciate that particular style. Doesn't have to be Indian/Persian, that's just what I enjoy best. I don't follow any particular pattern, and make the design up as I go. I describe it as "having learned a visual alphabet and can now draw...
Hey everyone, I'm Darla and new to this board. I'm expecting my first child in mid July. I'm also a professional henna artist! Here's my page: http://www.myspace.com/starlightmehndi