or Connect

Posts by nadiaf

Thank you Dr. Markham,   I have decided to pull her out of this daycare since we cannot pick her up at noon and I don't want to leave her there for nap time.   What you wrote makes a lot of sense. She did bond with someone there, but she was in administration and therefore not always available.   During nap time, her 2 educators would go on break and 2 new people would come in, making it very hard for them to comfort her or for her to be comforted by them.   I...
Dear Dr. Laura,   I have a 2-year old daughter who started daycare for the first time 4 weeks ago.   I had to go back to work after a year of maternity leave but I negotiated a temporary part time schedule till I found a daycare. From 1 year to 2 years old, my Mom was taking care of her Mon-Tues-Wed and she was with me the rest of the time.   My Mom thought she needed to be around other kids, I felt she needed more of a routine. I had pressure at work to work more...
My husband is from there and we have a trip planned for the end of February. I was just given advice from an infectious diseases expert that I should wait till she's one year old...that the diarrhea she could get from infectious organisms in that region could be fatal in a baby her age. I am so worried, I don't know what to do. Should I cancel my trip? My husband thinks I'm crazy and she'll be safe.
I am mainly breastfeeding but worried about diarrhea from infectious organisms. I've heard from an infectious diseases expert that it could be fatal in a baby her age. My husband is from there and we are visiting his family. The dr suggested very strict hand hygiene but it will be hard to reinforce. We will be running into friends and family everywhere. Please help, I've already bought non refundable tickets and my husband thinks I'm crazy to worry. Do I wait till she's...
Hi Jules33, thanks for your response. Did you order the CDC pink book, or is all the information on the site? What made you feel confident not to vax?   I am also wondering if the families who decided not to vax do any travelling and how they feel when they are recommended vaccines such as Hep A or B?
I cried the whole way to the appointment and then when I got there too. I couldn't go through with it. I'm still not sure I made the right decision. Is there any solid science/studies to support vaccination?
So I had my baby's doctor/vaccination appointment scheduled yesterday, I cried the whole way there and then decided not to do anything once I got there. I felt a little relieved but I'm still not convinced I made the right decision. Where can I find the studies/science to support my decision?
I posted this in the "I'm not vaccinating" thread as well. I am so undecided, my appointment for her first vaccinations are tomorrow!   Any insights would be greatly appreciated!!! It has been weeks I cannot sleep trying to decide whether to vaccinate or not.   My baby is almost 4 months old, she was born at 35 weeks and has not received any vaccines. I am breastfeeding.   My pediatrician is recommending the DTap-HIB-polio  (Pediacel) and Pneumococcal...
selkat thank you so much for your response! What resources did you use, if any, to make your decision not to vaccinate?
Thank you so much for your replies.   What made you so sure not to vaccinate? Sometimes I think my gut is telling me not to vax and then I feel the fear and pressure and I'm not sure what to do.   My husband thinks we should.   My pediatrician is really worried about meningitis, she says one of her un-vaccinated patient's died less than 6 months old. Also, I consulted with a naturopathic doctor who is worried about exposure to the live polio vaccine, which is...