or Connect

Posts by nativa

Our family isn't particularly religious- Dh is atheist. Our children go to a Waldorf school, and my sons class has been studying the old testament this year. My son LOVES it! He's always been into history, and he is riveted by the stories. He says that he'd like his own Bible for Christmas, and I have no idea which one to get him. I'd like to get him a bible that is in modern English, but not too "childish" (he's 8, but reads at a 11- 12+ yr old level). I also don't want a...
After stressing for a year about my daughters self image issues (just posted on another thread about this), my son hit with me a wammy the other night when he started to cry b/c he wants "shiny hair"- My children are bi-racial black/European, and are absolutely beautiful (I know- I'm biased ). My son is 8, and is a very smart, sensitive boy. We transferred the children to a private school last year because we live in a pretty rough area. We thought the transition was...
Quote: Originally Posted by FullMetalMom Coming from someone with very NOT straight hair (white dad/black mom), I really hated it when everyone insists that my hair is beautiful, they wish they had it, etc. Just because you believe it is that way, does not mean that is her experience. People with straight hair have NO idea what a pain the arse having curly/kinky/thick hair is! Everywhere, literally everywhere, a little girl looks, there is...
Hi, this is the first time that I've posted on MDC forums, but I do read them a lot for information (I try not to spend too much time online when I'm not working...) I'm mama to 2 bi-racial babies (I'm black, dh is caucasian) a girl who is 4 and a boy who is 7. I am always looking out for multicultural toys for my children, especially at Christmas time (I don't have much family, and my husbands family is always giving my daughter white baby dolls, white princesses, etc)....