or Connect

Posts by ginnybee

We've made milk kefir for a few years and I still can't drink it straight.  Kefir cheese - forget about it.  I use it in smoothies frequently but it tastes gross by itself.  Different from the store-bought stuff that I remember - that worked well as a yogurt sub and tasted fine on it's own.  I use raw goat milk mostly but have tried raw cow's milk and organic pasturized, nonhomogenized.  I suggest keep trying the smoothies - use orange juice or something with a strong...
  That sounds good.  How much of each do you use?  I've been trying to sneak the concentrace on my kids and they can tell with only a drop or two in water.  They do love homemade eggnog and all things molasses, though.
Taquitos sound great.  My sole taquito experience was processed junk from the freezer - they were pretty yummy, I remember.  Do you have a recipe for the real thing?
Never mind.  It is a bug.  The baby has it, too. 
I don't think it's the juice.  They have less (usually 1/2 cup) than a cup a day - always diluted and/or with a stir-in.  The ND prescribed probiotics & glutamine powder and sometimes I mix nettle tea with the juice. 
A little over a week ago, I learned of the big kids' allergies and made the appropriate dietary changes.  The boy (5) and girl (3) and both allergic to eggs & dairy (all Igg allergies, btw.)  The boy is also allergic to several nuts, some legumes, and somewhat allergic to coconuts (every 4 days okay)  DD1 can have goat milk every 4 days, which she looks forward to.  Also, we've all been off gluten for several months - that allergy was confirmed in the boy, but didn't...
Thanks, everyone.  Bone broth - yes.  I try to use it whenever I can.  Nettle infusion was a good reminder.  I infused it with a few chunks of ginger to cut the grassy taste some.  You would think I was torturing the kids to get them to drink it the first day.  Today they drank much more - I mixed it with OJ (which we keep on hand for taking CLO) and they tolerated it through a straw.  Now I'm thinking that I'll need to find some other way to get it in them since I guess...
Thank you, thank you.  I'm just going to have to plan ahead and have precooked meat on hand.  They will both eat dried sardines and nori, which I remembered today.  A Korean American friend mentioned that dried anchovies are yummy so I'll have to go look for those.  I'm worried about calcium, too, so all about little fish with bones.
Please hit me with your TF snack ideas, even the obvious ones.  Just got the allergy results on my big kids and here's what's off the menu: dairy, eggs, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, peas, kidney beans and lentils.  Soy, pecans, coconut, hazelnuts, lima beans, walnuts, and green beans are welcome every four days.    Sooo, that leaves us meat, I guess.  Maybe the other nuts that weren't tested for (though maybe we should avoid those too, to be...
Hi Ladies,   I got the results of my allergy test a few weeks back and learned that in addition to gluten (which I already knew about) and a few others (garlic! chocolate! green beans!), I'm highly allergic to eggs.  Eggs.  I had four the morning I got the results.  I had eight dozen semi-pastured backyard eggs in my fridge.  :(   So now what?  I've been gluten free for a while and since then have become more reliant on eggs in my baking.  Especially as I've been...