or Connect

Posts by joynsyde

Thanks, (sorry it took so long to reply.)  I have sloping shoulders, maybe it's my body shape.  :(  I  tried to make the straps a little wider, but I can't go too far or it makes me  unable to raise my arms.  Your suggestions did help, thank you; however, no matter what I try, that slack doesn't come out completely.  Must be the way it's made.  Msaybe when he's bigger it will fit better.  I guess I need to accept the fact that there's no carrier that's 100% convenient...
Well, in all fairness, the counselor did tell my husband that the bad seeds (how he treated me) that he planted for three years (as long as we've been married) means he's now eating the bad fruit of how I'm reacting.  And I think his comment about being miserable was something he said kind of accidentally, on his way to making a different point.  At least I hope so; I'm the kind of person who wants to give people the benefit of the doubt...   I'm not going to rebel...
I need to vent. Went to our counselor two days ago.  I didn't want to go, because I knew that he would not agree with my decision to leave. I barely understand myself yet on this issue, so it's difficult to explain to others.  Plus, with baby being only 1 month old, I'm rather low on sleep these days, which makes articulation difficult.  (However, I really don't feel I'm making a hormonally-imbalanced, unstable decision.  I think there are a lot of facts to back me...
Stories that touch my heart, all of you, thank you for sharing. I can so relate. It's such a shaky ground to be on. And Mi_Amor, I am so sorry to read that this is happening while you're pregnant.  I can especially relate to that.  I believe the pregnancy and birth will help you process this better than you could on your own. That was my experience.  i don't know how to explain it, but even though "the sh** hit the fan" for my family during the last pregnancy, I felt...
I just got this mei tai-style carrier, and I like how it is more convenient to get on and off than the industrially-made kind I have with buckles (I think that kind is called a soft structured carrier, but I'm not sure.)   The problem is, it doesn't support baby's head. The carrier I got has this curved top part that was advertised as a head support.  But it actually just kind of makes a big wrinkle or flops backward; there's no support at all, except that I tied the...
If you had told me, even one day before the birth, that I would be eating the placenta, I would not have believed you!  During the pregnancy, hubbie and I somehow forgot to figure out what we wanted to do with the placenta.  So after the birth, when the midwife asked what we were going to do with it, we said, "uh, oops, we don't really know."  We froze it until deciding.    I had bad PPD after baby #1, and when I foudn out that the placenta could help with that, I...
Hi everyone, I hope you can give me some good tips. I'm due to give birth to child #2 in a month, and this time around I want to use a sling more than I did with the first one. With the first, I sewed a hand-made sling suggested by my midwife, but I chose a kind of stretchy cloth, which was stupid, because the baby ended up hanging down by my hips instead of up close where he needed to be. Ha ha ha. Plus, he fussed, protested, and wiggled every time I tried to put him...
Really desperate for an answer! Thanks!
My 2yo has been coughing for over a month now, mostly just when he wakes up. Actually, I don't know how long it's lasted, probably at least two months. He has foul breath, especially in the morning, and his nose is runny sporadically. I'm suspecting a fungal infection in his sinuses. I have been struggling off and on with a sinus infection, myself, and I assume I gave it to him. I've kept mine under control with a colloidal silver nose spray. That stuff is awesome....
Try high doses of Vitamin D. I just read an article that suggested some relationship between D deficiency and asthma. It might not cure, but it should relieve. The fact that things get worse in the winter is a big sign that Vit D is *part* of the problem. Also try probiotics. They are supposed to help with allergies, but it will probably take at least a week for you to notice a difference. I just heard part of an episode on "This American Life" about a guy with...