or Connect

Posts by joynsyde

I don't see anything wrong with drinking from a bottle. Heck, I still like the feeling of drinking from a bottle sometimes! Don't let cultural pressures try to dictate your parenting. Do what works, ignore anyone who would judge you.
Have you thought about the possibility that there's something traumatizing him at daycare? Does he seem to resist actually going to daycare? Or maybe it's kind of a catharsis for him to do these things... He sounds like my son, who is always a perfect angel at daycare. He is so obedient and cooperative at daycare, it's not fair!! But I think that's actually a bit unhealthy, because he's repressing his normal behavior. So when he gets home all the negative energy he's...
Yeah, he only nurses to go to sleep. Occasionally he wants it first thing in the morning, or sometimes when he's upset. But it's down to nap time and bedtime, as a general rule. I think I'm ready to be done. I like how convenient it is to calm him down, but it has gotten old, and I sense that he doesn't really need it anymore. He has found other ways to cope with stress, and he has gotten to the point where he doesn't ask to nurse every time he gets hurt or upset,...
One clarification to add: The celiac tests often just detect the extreme cases of gluten intolerance. There are different levels of gluten intolerance, from sensitivity to extreme allergy. Dark circles under the eyes almost always mean there's an allergy/sensitivity going on. You might want to find a gluten test that will consider a lower range of sensitivity. Or-- you can just take gluten out of her diet and see if it helps. It's not easy to go gluten-free (I know...
So do any of you have any information about how to control hypochondria? I read online that hypochondria is linked to OCD, which totally makes sense in the case of someone I know and care about, who is constantly suffering from some illness or another. Would it make sense to treat for OCD, as the root problem?
I just found out I'm pregnant with a second child. (Not too excited about that, but that's not the point of this post!...) My question is how to go about weaning my 28-month-old boy. He is a great kid, but he's pretty sensitive, and he likes his routines. (which makes me a bit crazy, because I'm not a routine person.) I know he doesn't "need" the boob anymore, but that's the only way he'll go to bed for me. Well, now my boobs are swollen, and they hurt when he...
I just started spraying myself with magnesium oil everyday (almost), about 2 weeks ago; I read that magnesium is supposed to help keep hormones in balance. I still got constipated this month, but maybe I need to take magnesium for a longer time before it takes effect. I didn't get pimples this month... so maybe something is happening. Anyway, I just don't think that God/Nature/evolution (whatever you attribute the amazing complexity of our universe to) intended a...
Does anyone know of someone in the Lawrence, Topeka, or Kansas City area who specializes in manipulating hiatal hernias back to normal? Thanks!
Hi ladies, I have a weird health question for you. I've noticed for awhile that several days before starting my period I get constipated for a few days. I always feel fat and ugly (and crabby) on those days, until I remember it's just part of PMS. Then a day or two before the period starts, it clears up. I'm pretty lucky, I guess, that my PMS is so manageable. This and pimples, plus some pretty formidable attitude problems, are the extent of my monthly...
Husband is French, and I'm American. We want to move to France eventually. The only thing that scares me is that European countries are so weird in their attitudes towards homeschooling, vaccines, and so on. There was a family in Germany a few years ago who had their daughter taken away from them by the state--only because they homeschooled her. Tests proved the girl was much more academically advanced than the other kids her age, but the government didn't like them...