or Connect

Posts by thatgirliknew

I see people on here who are basically saying "No, you shouldn't.It's okay to occasionally treat yourself to a small thing here or there, but not a tattoo." Those "small things" add up. OP is saying that she doesn't usually indulge in these small things. Depending on the cost, it could be about the equivalent of a Redbox movie twice a week for a year, or getting a drink from a coffee shop once a week. I think most people would be OK with someone spending $5 or so on...
I will definitely look into what you have suggested! Thank you very much!
I have residential/physical custody; we share legal custody. I can't afford to get it changed at this point. Technically he still has the right to visitation every other weekend. However, when I got the restraining order, he was told by the judge that HE needed to initiate a court date so that the judge in KY (we did the restraining order in IN, but I now live in KY again) could decide first off if he should still have visitation rights and secondly to determine how those...
I'm aware that to get a US Passport for your child, you must have both parent's consent. DD's father has made no effort to contact/visit her since April. (We have a restraining order, but he's supposed to be still allowed visitation IF he brings it in front of the judge, which he was told at our last court date in April, but never did) How does a passport work when you have no idea where the other parents is and they've made no contact?
Well, my worker finally gave me my cash assistance. A week and a half late. Ugh. I couldn't go anywhere I needed to or do basically anything for the last week and the food was starting to dwindle. It took 1.5 weeks even after calling supervisors up to the state level....
Well, one neat little thing that happened today: An acquaintance of mine saw some "family pictures" we were taking for people at work, mine included. She's a professional photographer and messaged me that she usually gives one session away (or more) a year and she chose me. :) Also, she is going to come up to work and give sessions to the families there during the summer!   The downside is that I turned in my transportation papers for TANF on Tuesday. Usually you get the...
Yay! Activity... :)  Much like yourself, I have been in at least one relationship pretty much nonstop since age 15. This is a new situation from me. I broke up with my ex-husband in April and had drifted away from the other person I was seeing about a month before that. From April to October I was completely single. I started looking for people to get to know in October and ending up meeting this pretty awesome guy (A) on OKC in person the beginning of November. Neither of...
Now that I'm a "practicing" poly instead of just one in theory (lol) I'm sad that this thread has died out...
If you find that you are still stuck with the fine, you may be able to do community service instead. That's what they do here. I ended up with a monstrous fine for driving uninsured. I told her there was absolutely no way I could pay it, but I didn't want to go to jail either. She said that you could do community service at any not-for-profit with each hour counting as an hour working minimum wage toward your fine. I went and worked at my daughter's school, for months....
My son (7) is pretty stoked because a local survey company invited him to participate in a toy study yesterday. He walked out with this really neat Hotwheels track that goes on your wall. Of course, this is just the "starter kit" and there are five more add ons that can go with it, which he wants. I told him that we would look it up online. I figured that they would be super expensive, but each add on is between $6 and $15, so I told him we could buy them a little bit at a...