or Connect

Posts by thatgirliknew

Quote: Originally Posted by provocativa Re: transitional medicaid. often, once you earn more than medicaid allows, your kids will qualify for a CHIP program. you can earn up to 20,000 a year more than the medicaid guidelines in my state. premiums and co-pays are small. and for adults, if you don't have insurance and have a traumatic medical event or unusual medical expense, you can apply for what's called a medicaid spend-down card, to cover that...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fruitful4Him Late chiming in this month. I have been super busy with the new baby and trying to keep things running smoothly around the home. I decided that I will be retiring from doula work and could sell my books and get most of my money invested back. The kids ALL need new shoes, the older girls wanted hair cuts, electric bills have been through the roof with the record breaking heat this summer...you get the drift. I also...
I personally don't think my children's names are that unusual. But everyone else seems to. My son's name is Alastair and my daughter's name is Kira. We considered other, weirder, names like Ayene (sounds like the letters I, N, A), Kai (K-eye), Sadia (suh-dee-uh), Kiaran (key-ah-run) and many others but DH and I couldn't agree on them. (I would think his were too weird, he would think mine were) I don't think my kids names are odd, but I went to school with kids with...
Quote: Originally Posted by maciascl That is wonderful news!!! Congrats! How wonderful to not have so much of the money stress anymore! Thanks! I am so excited. My sister just finished reading "The Power" and it was all about positive thoughts = positive outcome. So I've really been trying to stay positive (which is hard with a grumpy DH lol) and I feel like it's finally starting to pay off. I can't wait to start blessing people like we...
Well, ladies, I got incredible news today. DH just got a new job today. He starts Sunday and we didn't get a definite pay/hr yet but a range (he will know for sure Sunday), but regardless it is enough to pay all of our monthly bills in less than two weeks of work. Needless to say, no more foodstamps but with my KrazyCouponLady book, I think I can work something out. Looks like we will be on the Dave Ramsey fast track here soon and I can actually start giving back. It will...
Quote: Originally Posted by surrogate They cannot ever take any percent of money from a person not owing or from SSI payments, so if you bank acct is shared with a DP/DH/DW then you can prove their money is in there too (paychecks) and they cant touch that part I did not know that. I thought if it was in a joint account, fair game, ALL of the money in the account is DH's because I don't work.
I just got off the phone with the State of Kentucky. They said they sent a final notice certified mail to my last known address. But it didn't forward to my new address. Apparently that notice explained levies, garnishments, etc. They said after they send that letter since I owe a state institution they have jurisdiction and don't have to take me to court. BUT, they said I can pay $53/month until it's done. so I will make a payment in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan and then...
Quote: Originally Posted by surrogate Ok from what I know (I did credit repair for 7 years) they can't attach assets unless it goes through court. Did they try to sue you and you not show up? If so they likely got a default judgement and then just attached your bank acct, the judge signed and VIOLA they take your money. Depending on the state, they CAN take every penny you have, and keep taking any money you put in there until the debt is satisfied. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by zebra15 There is probably a lien from the school/loan agency for the debt and they went and attached assets. You need to find out if you need to pay the full debt or just the past due amount before they release the lien. (what I remember from my banking days) I am going to call the state tomorrow and see what I can do... Another question though... I have a lien on my car and now I won't be able to pay it on...
Just got home and logged onto my bank account to find a legal hold. Called the bank and found out that since I can't make my $100/month payments on an old school bill that there is a levy on my account. No freaking idea what to do now.