or Connect

Posts by thatgirliknew

I went to the local Really Really Free Market and got a car load of awesome stuff. Then, I got a whole car full and a van full of donations for this grassroots organization I work for. Got them to work and put up in the "Batcave" to be sorted through later. Currently, I'm doing Spanish and English homework. I need to study for my Spanish quiz tomorrow and my English midterm on Tuesday AND clean the house.
After feeling incredibly sick and exhausted most of the week, I led a parent's rights training today and it was pretty exciting. :)
Thank you both so very much.    I won't be able to be physically present at the time of the surgery. She will be leaving the country for the surgery, initially she was going to go alone. When another friend learned that, she put together a fundraiser to send her with a companion who was knowledgeable about transitioning, and is a reproductive justice activist.   But I will do what I can to be supportive before and once she returns (I forgot to ask how long she will...
Anyone else making costumes for their kiddos this year? My niece and daughter saw my Halloween pictures from when I was 10. My sister had decided to keep me for the weekend and told me to ask my dad for a costume if I wanted to go Trick or Treating. I assured her I was too old to Trick or Treat. The day of Halloween I decided I did want to go trick or treating so we had to improvise and she cut a box into a die. I wore black pants and a black beanie as some of the...
No ironing here. We have a strong preference for wrinkle-free items. If it something that can and does get wrinkled, I pop it in the dryer.
I don't know which subforum to post this in, so I'm just going to put it here and if it needs to be moved, I'm sure the mods will handle it. :)   Hopefully someone will have some experience or advice?   I have recently made friends with a woman who will be going through sex reassignment surgery/Gender confirmation surgery in a month. She is an amazing person who has had the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of others by telling her story of her discharge from...
I had a TERRIBLE migraine today, first time ever. Somehow, I still managed to: *Go door-knocking and flier hanging for the grassroots organization I work for * Have a meeting finalizing an event we have this weekend * Help my team kick some butt in Hangman in Spanish class (hey, small successes count right? lol) * Help a fellow neighbor in crisis at 5:30 this morning, way before I EVER get up. * Compile a resource list for a friend of a friend. *Took some groceries to a...
I have a similar thought to many other posters on here.    I would not pierce the ears of either of my children until they were old enough to ask AND old enough to take care of them.   I remember getting mine pierced for the first time at the age of 7, I was not responsible enough to clean them and take care of them, and they got horribly infected (ear ring back stop was covered up by my ear lobe). My parents had made it clear it was not their job. (Figured out years...
I somehow missed this part of your post before I posted the same idea. Wow. I now feel like I was vastly underpaid. lol. I made $50 a day. (Although in hindsight, that's probably about what I should have made because I knew nothing about what I was doing...)
 Definitely keep doing this. When I was an apathetic teenager who couldn't have cared less about politics, I got paid $50 a day to canvas for a politician in semi-rural and rural areas. I know it's not a lot, but it helps. Poor guy had no idea I knew nothing about him or politics, I was just 17 with a baby and needed some money badly. I probably wasn't the best canvasser... (He ended up making it to office at some point and I do actually agree with most of his politics...