or Connect

Posts by ThankfulMama

Mine will not wait without screaming.  And they are too big for a swing. 
My twins are 15mos and DD1 is 4.  DH works late several evening a week and I'm struggling with nap time and bed time on my own.  I feel like an AP failure--still.  I was the OP on the Is it possible to AP twins post and I'm still struggling.  The amount of crying stresses me out so much.  I'm so sad I cannot parent the twins like I did DD1-I'm trying so hard but feel like I'm failing.  I usually nurse them to sleep but if one sees me nursing the other they FREAK out and...
Thanks for the responses.  I think ill keep an eye on it and, if it continues, I will send just enough milk for the day rather than having a lot of extra.  The problem is that they eat very little solids so I don't want to short them if they wanted another bottle.  I prefer 2 3oz bottles over a couple of hours vs. 1 6oz bottle all at once.  I think most other little ones at this age are on formula or cow milk there...
Thanks!  I'm cutting back on pumping--trying to decide whether to stop and just use my freezer stash, but I think they have to either have BM or some other milk due to CACFP. :-/   I'd like for them to have my milk rather than animal milk or milk alternative at least for a while.  I just don't know if there is such a thing as too much at a time at their age or whether I should be concerned.  I don't know that they will offer solids other than at their designated...
My twins turn 1 this month and are still BFing every 2-3 hours when with me.  They go to daycare PT and I've asked daycare to try sippy cups with them, but daycare seems to be giving ever-increasing amounts of BM to them.  They have always taken about 3.3 oz by breast, but daycare has given 4, 5 and 6 oz bottles recently.  They are eating 2 times when away from me for 5-6 hours.  I'm not sure if it is a product of the fast flow sippy or what's going on.  I guess I'm...
I'm looking for ideas for my 3yo DD who will occasionally refuse to eat dinner (or only take a couple bites) and then says she's not hungry.  She then says she wants to eat later.  I really don't want to tell her "eat x or x more bites more bites" because I want her to listen to her body, but OTOH, I don't want to be cooking and feeding her dinner as we are getting her into bed.  I know this is typical, but I need some ideas on how others have dealt with this issue.
I can't remember--will stopping pumping at 1 when we are apart affect my supply when we are together?  I.e. will it decline across the board or will my body simply adjust for the periods we are apart?
I am the OP, and I am now 8months out.  In some ways it DOES get easier, but it still makes me very unsettled and sometimes tearful that I cannot parent the twins like I parented my 3yo DD1. Sometimes--a lot of time-- the babies cry and I cannot pick them up right away.  I always wore DD1 and I do wear the twins, but I feel like I get paralyzed by the thought of holding one and not the other--I wore them together when they were little, but not too often because between...
I was blessed to be able to stay home with DD1 until she was 18mos then work PT.  I'm now working "PT" and nursing twins who are 8mos actual (6.5 adjusted).  I'd like to keep BFing until at least 2yo, but can't remember what the norm is with pumping at work--should I continue to pump after they turn 1?  I will not be introducing cow milk as they are intolerant.  They nurse every 2 hours when we are together and I plan to continue on demand until weaning.  TIA.
nak we started with arms reach regular and loved it until they grew too long to lay perpendicular.  Now we have crib sidecarred and its musical beds with one or other next to me in my bed and other in side car all night long (by their choice), lol.  it works though--def did not want them apart--I LOVE watching them snuggle together though sometimes they wake each other but not more than they wake our 3yo by crying.