or Connect

Posts by MovingMomma

I would definitely refrigerate baked oatmeal.  You could also freeze it in serving sizes.
She has not yet been evaluated by a SLP.  She has been through screening with EI, including a couple of full scale but not speech specific assessments.     Right now we're 1.5 months into this & are only at the point where we are waiting for appointments with SLPs.  
That is what I'm wondering about.  With a 2E child, should the goal be to reach an average skill level or an above average skill level?     My perception of my child is that she "should" be able to communicate at a level far above average.   Will Speech-Language Pathologists see it the same way?  Will the Early Intervention program see it the same way?  Will our insurance provider see it the same way?     I realize that only time will tell.  But I hope to...
As I understand it, asynchronous development is my 6 yr old writing elaborate Harry Potter fan fiction in her free time but still using training wheels on her bike.  The 2E world is new to me, but as Geofizz says, looking at a child with scores on the opposite extremes of a bell curve in areas that "should" be related is indicative of something far beyond asynchronous development.  
thank you!
Thanks, mommas!   moominmamma, that's horrible that there was such a long wait for your kiddos, but wonderful that they were able to catch up without intervention.   Geofizz, do you know of a resource where I can find examples of goals?  It's my understanding that IEPs & IFSPs are basically equivalent.
Thanks for the insights, mommas!  Is there a resource you recommend where I can view examples of goals that might be written in an IFSP?
My 22 month old (third child) needs speech therapy and we're getting started with Early Intervention.  I'm just starting to learn about the system, but I understand that there are goals written in to an IFSP, which is the next step in the process for us.  My daughter didn't meet the minimum criteria for services (2 standard deviations below the mean in one area, or 1.5 in two areas) but was qualified for services based on the discretion of the screener because of the...
My 22 month old (third child) needs speech therapy and we're getting started with Early Intervention.  I'm just starting to learn about the system, but I understand that there are goals written in to an IFSP, which is the next step in the process for us.  My daughter didn't meet the minimum criteria for services (2 standard deviations below the mean in one area, or 1.5 in two areas) but was qualified for services based on the discretion of the screener because of the...
What are your favorite foods to take along for baby (12 mo)?  Apples are our current fave, but I'm looking for things I can just stash in the car for those times I forget to plan ahead, too!