or Connect

Posts by mtnlisa

Thank you everyone for all the support over here! As I am eating 5x a day, have gained two cups sizes in three days, and already cannot button my pants (!) I am gingerly moving over to Q&P. We will have some bloodwork sometime this week, but I feel fairly certain that I am pregnant (for as long as I have wanted this, it is still a HUGE shock to write it, even after saying it about 50x a day). Hopefully the uterine septum will not cause any trouble and I will stay...
Painefaria and I had our BFP on the same day -- I apparently feel a little more nervous to graduate from QC to Q&P -- but here I am anyway! After months of thinking and planning around the conception, we are a little shocked and surprised that we got pregnant on essentially our first try (we did two ill timed home insems in the fall but got all the ducks in a row for this IUI--and it worked). I alternate between exhaustion and insomnia (generally around 3am) and have...
Okay, I've spent a half an hour catching up and to summarize: Good Luck to all those in the TWW! Also, I have been having accupuncture in preparation for this process and I am really happy with my accupuncturist--he definitely agrees about thinking in terms of the "secret" and focusing energy on pregnancy And For Us--it was great to be away--though I did almost take out my mom's fever thermometer one day just to see! We took off and put a new roof on my folks house...
wehrli--good luck on these 12 days--I'm having a pretty hard time waiting! just quickly--i'm going to be out of town, at my parents house, until friday. I am not taking a thermometer with me. I'm planning to just distract myself and hope that AF doesn't show (as could be expected as early at friday afternoon?) Good luck to everyone! Can't wait to check back in next weekend!
Sarah--I'm keeping fingers crossed for you! Wehrli (I think I spell your name different every time--sorry) Sounds like it went great--isn't it amazing how just a little nice bedside manner can make everything seem so wonderful! I know what you mean about the temping--it is for sure one more thing to obsess over giggle--there's just always more waiting! Although today i was overcome with worry that our as-yet-unconfirmed-baby will come too soon! LOL afu--Glucose...
AmandaHope--I think we must be close in our waiting--you are right that I am behind on my Greys' I'll see what I can do Chiquittay--where are you? Escher--I think waiting for the opk to turn is harder because you have the worry that you might miss it (which led to me testing every single time I had to pee for 8 days!) Wehrli--fingers crossed for a good IUI tomorrow--let us know how it goes AFU--I'm eating now at 10 pm because I am supposed to do a glucose...
We have actually been through the wait two times already, with home insems, but this is REALLY hard (its also spring break so I am not working, and DP works at night and is now sleeping so I can't do anything too noisy around the house!) I feel "heavy" its almost like cramps (I think--I don't usually ever have cramps) so we are very hopeful that something is happening..... Meanwhile, waiting, waiting, waiting!
AmandaHope--I don't feel a thing now either--I don't know how I am going to not test, except that I will be at my parents house all of next week QOTD--DP is still active reserve in the military and would much rather work than stay home--we just lucked out that we both get to do the part that we want as we start our family! Kimlyn--welcome back, hope your stay is short with no further returns!
This is my main obsession right now--we aren't telling but a very few (like one) select lesbian friends that we are trying, so I must come here and talk to everyone! I must say that 8 weeks of weekly accupuncture has pretty much removed the worry and obsession from my life--wish I could afford it all the time, but we made the commitment to improve our chances (and so far it looks good!)
I apologize for sharing every little detail of our TTC journey this week--we're still in that so excited phase because we haven't had any disappointments yet. The weather here was awful last night so DP went to work early (she works nights about an hour from home), was able to leave early, and pick me up (in the 4WD vehicle) and we were only a few minutes late for out appt. The nurse who performed the IUI was Awesome! She said that the catheter went in really easily...