or Connect

Posts by courtney1986

I'm having a really hard time with my just turned 4 year old son.  I have 4 children, 6,4,2 and 8 months.  I stay at home with them and the 6 year old is in 1st grade.    He's always been a more difficult child, high energy and rowdy but it's getting out of hand.  I literally cannot take him out, nor can I have people over.  As soon as I take my attention off him, say to pay the cashier or sign a paper,ect, he takes off.  Out the door, into another room, messing with...
I just had my dd on the 3rd, an awesome water birth.  My lower back and tailbone are now killing me, it comes and goes similar to after pains, although I've never had many of those with any baby, this is my 4th baby.  Could the back ache just be from cramping/contracting?  Anything other than tylenol?  I can ask my midwife later today but thought I'd see what others had to say.  
I'm kind of late coming here, but since I'm just waiting for babys arrival why not join!     I'm Courtney, my edd was June 22 and this is baby 4.  I knew to expect a July baby, in fact I didn't even tell anyone what my EDD was just that it was sometime end of June, beginning of July.  I'm guessing July 4th.  My last 2 were induced, one medical and one with castor oil and herbs, at 42 weeks.  We're hoping to have a home water birth.  I'm healthy and so is baby so as...
Thanks for your replies, the more I think about it the more it feels right for us!     Bananachild I do believe it's from LMP, although we've gone off of early ultrasounds since I got pregnant with a young nursling and had only had 2 cycles so I wanted to be sure of my dates.  Since I know I'll go over my edd I like to get as much time as I can, and the last 2 times it has given me an extra week added onto my edd.    My midwife IS awesome, I feel so fortunate to...
Has anyone done a partial unassisted pregnancy, saw a midwife for some appointments and had a midwife there for the birth?  We're moving 5 hours away from my midwife and she said she'd come to us for the birth.  I can make some appointments back at her house but towards the end of my pregnancy theres no way I could make the drive once a week.  I was thinking I could do my own prenatal care for half the time, keep a record and see her the other half.  Make sense?...
I know this is an older thread, but I'd like to chime in.  I've had 2 babies born at 42 weeks, both had wonderfully healthy placentas and great outcomes.       I'm pregnant again and am ready to be pregnant until at least 42 weeks again.  Some babies/woman gestate longer.  
#1 37 weeks pre e 8 pounds on the nose #2 42 weeks induction 9.14 #3 42 weeks self induction due to late onset IUGR 6.15.   I think my first would have been about the same size, which is fairly normal for my family. 
Just want to clairify, we never did full out CIO, leaving them alone.  We were in the room with them.  And only after they were a year. 
We have 3 kids, 5, almost 3 and 15 months.  I'm also 12 weeks pregnant with #4.  We've coslept for a year with all our kids then moved then into their crib and own room.  With our first we did CIO at a year and it was a dream, she was sleeping through the night within a couple days, loved to go to bed, no issues.  With our second,, I got pregnant when he was 10 months, so I night weaned him before we moved him into the crib.  He wouldn't fall asleep in the crib at all,...
I think you may just have big babies.  My first, a girl, was born at 37 weeks and 8 pounds even.  Second, a boy, was born at 42 weeks and was 9 14, and an easy delivery.  My third, a boy, I nursed through out my entire pregnancy was diagnosed with IUGR and was born at 42 weeks and 6 15, super tiny, especially for me.  My diet with the last 2 was a protein rich diet, and I feel like I ate about the same.  Weight gain with all 3 was the same within a couple pounds.,