or Connect

Posts by sarahusesthis

So my 11 month old has been going to bed fairly early, and too early for me to join him. He wakes up constantly looking for me until I finally go to bed. I have been thinking about just keeping him up until I go to bed, but I have always heard that between 6 and 7pm is the healthiest bedtime for kids...I was wondering what other people's experiences are. This could be the solution to our problem, but before I start keeping him up later I don't want to mess up his sleep...
Thanks, that does help- at least I am not alone in this :)  I feel ike the only solution for is is acceptance... I can try putting the A/C in his room, since it has been pretty hot at night.  I am almost certain he jsut wants to be with me, because a good cuddle with the boob is what soothes him, and he wants top just hang out there....forever.  He usually stops waking up when I go to bed with him. We are going to try to all sleep in bed as a family, unti now it has been...
I recently posted about trying to night wean my 11 month old, and I decided that I'm not ready. The situation is this: I put him down in his crib at 6pm, and he usually goes pretty well. He wakes up at least every hour after that until I go to bed, at 8:30 or 9. At that point he comes to bed with me and I don't know how often he wakes. When I go to him I try shush and pat, but he just wants boob, which I give him, then he goes right back to sleep. He doesn't even nurse...
How many times does he nurse at night? My son is 11 months and I can't see him giving up night nursing any time soon. He is up5 times/night    
Thanks you  for mentioning the fact that night weaning may not mean sleeping through the night.... I do know that he wakes for reasons other than nursing, but it ultimately helps him fall asleep. I have to say that I am pretty insecure when it comes to this subject since I get so much criticism about my boy not sleeping through. He is very sensitive and cry it out doesn't seem right for him. I really don't mind nursing at night, I just don't know what is best for my son....
Thanks, I will look into this!
He was born aug 8. Husband is the issue here, too. We sleep in separate beds since he can't sleep with baby in the bed
I wonder what about a 10 month old...He definitely looks for milk and doesn't sleep until he gets a good amount each time he wakes it- every 2 hours!
Just trying to get some insight...My son had never truly slept through the night. It's normal for him to wake every 2-3 hours, sometimes 1-2. In my heart I don't mind, and I do enjoy nursing at night, but My husband and I have been sleeping in separate beds, because we can't all fit comfortably in the same bed. I keep going back and forth about night weaning... We plan to get pregnant again soon, so I don't think I would do well with situation when that...
Not sure if I'm even pregnant. I haven't have a period since my 9 month old son was born. I took a test a couple days ago which gave me a line so faint I had to rip out the strip and look next to the light to see it. the net day it was darker. I took 2 more tests and they both read negative. So false positive? I have been having a lot of wacky dreams, some of which I am pregnant, and my nips are sore, but maybe because my son is biting them... So we'll see! I will try to...