or Connect

Posts by sarahusesthis

His lung were completely filled with fluid. Since we were at a birth center the docs didn't really know what happened, but they saw blood as well as mucus and amniotic fluid. He was there for a week :(  I have to say, though that I would take a week over the several weeks that the preemies had to be there! Thanks for your prayers
I think everyone's trauma is her own- none easier or harder. The trouble with trauma is that, unlike physical pain, it is remembered and dwelled upon.   I had my baby boy in a birth center this past August. The labor and delivery went well, and I was handed my new crying baby. Within a couple of minutes he had a hard time breathing and wasn't gaining his color. Meanwhile I was bleeding profusely and passing out, and also needed oxygen. Kevin was too heavy on my chest...
I'm not over due yet- dd is 8-8. I have pre-e and if I don't have the baby on my own soon I will have to be induced. I really want to stick with my original birth plan which is to deliver naturally in our birth center. My midwife told me that if I don't have the baby by next tues she would have me try castor oil. I'm only 1-2 cm dilated and baby is still high which I've heard can make it not work? Has anyone done this? I've heard mixed results...
That makes me think about how my insurance will only pay for like $35 towards a child birth class. Don't they realize how much money they would save if all moms were properly educated about their pregnancy and birth?
Quote: Originally Posted by bendmom Same. Last night I finally got up in the middle of the night and took a shower for ever. I checked on the boys, walked around, finally went to bed. The contractions are painful yet feel totally pointless. Like, if babe isn't going to come, then I would like to sleep please. I've been having this too...horrible back aches at night. I've been having crampy contractions for the past 2-3 days. anyone know how long...
So my new complaint this week (39 weeks) is serious lack of bladder control! I have to wear a pad to keep from soiling myself every time I sit down! It's practically a constant drip..so weird. I know it's pee by the way b/c it;s not clear..im pretty sure...
Quote: Originally Posted by trimestersdoula Thanks everyone. I have had a headache since I woke up which is worrying me a bit BUT my neck muscles are rock hard so I am thinking it may just be a tension headache and nothing more....hopefully. Autumn, I don't know if she will wait or not. I guess it will depend on (if I have it), how bad it is. Wow, same thing is happening with me- I actually just got back from the hospital for...
I heard a pop/thud right behind my pubic bone- it happened a couple times that night..is this what you mean?
Quote: Originally Posted by umsami Well, if you lost your mucus plus, you're probably really close. Let's see.... Walking Nipple Stimulation Sex Acupressure Points http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnEcLSHTI0s http://www.givingbirthnaturally.com/...uce-labor.html Acupuncture Spicy Food... also Pineapple Evening Primrose Oil inserted vaginally Good luck "Talking to your Baby"/Visualization Thanks- sounds like good...
So am borderline pre eclampsia- lots of swelling, high bp, and not so great blood test. My midwife is pretty nervous about me and seems to have it in her mind that I will have to be induced. I feel great and nothing is getting worse that I know of- with a healthier diet and lots of rest my swelling is going way down. I lost my mucus plus today and have been having lots of uncomfortable prelabor...any suggestions to pick it up a bit? Thanks!