or Connect

Posts by Caitlin0919

Just wanted to share this here in case some of you didn't know about it. This is happening on Labor Day and there is at least one rally in almost every state in the US. There's a link on the page to search for the rally closest to you. I'm in charge of organizing our local rally which is one of 4 happening in the state of South Dakota. http://rallytoimprovebirth.com/
Definitely and baby will probably respond to your older one after he/she is born too. My son would instantly perk up and turn toward the sound of DD's voice after he was born. And this baby starts kicking like mad whenever DD is around and talking. I'm sure this baby will respond to his/her big sister just like my son did.
We didn't circumcise our son and we won't circumcise this baby if it turns out to be a boy. There just isn't enough evidence for me to prove that it's a medically necessary procedure. It's very rare that a child(or a man) would need to be circumcised later in life but even if they do, then at least you know it was medically necessary and not just done because "everyone is doing it". And if he gets older and decides he would like it done for whatever reason, then it will...
We had our ultrasound today! Everything is normal, baby is growing fine. We didn't find out the gender but I think I caught a glimpse of the 3 lines when the tech was trying to sneak a peek. My intuition has been telling me this one is a girl so I'm hoping I did see the lines. We'll have to wait until November to find out for sure though. My doctor also has my due date as the 24th instead of the 26th, probably due to using their little wheel that assumes a 28-day cycle...
Just found this thread! I have a 20 minute prenatal yoga class that I got from yogadownload.com that I do 3 or 4 days a week. I try to take a walk a couple times a week as well and our apartment complex has an outdoor pool. I'm just waiting for it to warm up enough to get in and do some swimming! I like the idea of the squat challenge. I know Ina May Gaskin really encourages squatting to prepare your body for labor so I think I might give that a try. There is a prolonged...
15 weeks today and my first appointment is tomorrow! Can't wait to hear that heartbeat! Since we were originally planning a homebirth, we weren't thinking we were going to have any u/s but now that we'll be seeing an OB and doing things in the hospital, I realized that they will probably want to do at least one, probably the anatomy scan around 20 weeks. I talked to DH about that and asked him what he thought. He said one sounded fine. We're still not finding out the sex...
I have my first appointment on Wednesday. I'll be 15 weeks. When I called to make the appointment, the receptionist about had a heart attack. She couldn't believe that I hadn't had any prenatal care yet. She actually had their head nurse call me after her lunch break to see if I wanted to be seen sooner than they could fit me in with my OB. Luckily the nurse wasn't as excitable. She asked if I wanted to be seen earlier and I said sure if she could fit me in. They...
I second what Kamiro said. The doula I had at my first birth did little more than sit and watch and offer suggestions every once in awhile. I think the only time she touched me was when she le takt me brace my foot against her leg while I was pushing. But she was thrilled to be there and I was thrilled to have her. Just her presence made me and my husband feel much more relaxed. And even if you don't click with the doula you want to take classes from, she can probably...
Another doula here! I just have to respond to M.Q.: Your feelings about another person in the room are completely understandable but you might be surprised how much a doula can help you, especially when you've had a traumatic experience in the past. My husband and I took Bradley classes with our first pregnancy and they were great and we learned so much. But, it was a LOT of information and we ended up hiring a doula because we were worried we wouldn't be able to...
I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I've felt a couple kicks and pokes the last few days.