or Connect

Posts by tinuviel_k

I've had a rather cruddy, though large, garden the last few years. I had created unsupported raised beds, but the soil quality in my yard was so bad that it grew weeds, and not much else! The soil hardly registered any nutrients, and was about 90% sand when I did a copyist ion test. After two years of abundant weeds, beets that wouldn't germinate, spinich that would bolt before it grew more than two inches I decided to start over fresh. Last fall we built supported...
Thinking of you and hoping for the BEST results!
First of all, I really think you should consider finding another word to replace the word "selfish." Selfish: devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others. It is not being selfish to have your own interests, to care for and nurture yourself. If you were going to so many renn faires in one season that you had no more money for diapers, food, or shelter for your child then that would be...
I believe that to much of any food can be unhelpful or harmful. As to what the magic amount with something like coconut oil... I have no idea. I can tell you that for me 6 Tbsp of coconut would be way to much and would feel unhealthy. I consume a good deal of healthy fats (coconut oil, pastured lard, ghee, grass fed butter, olive oil), but the 80+ grams of fat in six Tbsp of coconut oil on top of whatever else I ate would be too much for my metabolism. Everyone is...
Are you referring to Full Moon Feast, by Jessica Prentice? It sounds similar. I absolutely love that book. http://www.amazon.com/Full-Moon-Feast-Hunger-Connection/dp/1933392002/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361584519&sr=8-1&keywords=Full+moon+feast
I learned many aspects of a healthy marriage from the example of my parents, but also found some traits of my parent's marriage undesirable. I worked to make sure that I could change those traits, and I put the good ideas and practices to work in my own marriage. My husband, on the other hand, learned how to have a strong marriage by NOT following his parent's example. His mom has been married four times and his father three times (his third marriage is a strong and happy...
(((Hugs))). I am so sorry to hear your news, but am glad you are on your way to getting treatment.
Do you know about how many hours of sleep she is getting per night? Many people are surprised at how much sleep a child this age really needs. My daughter, also age 9, is in bed by 8pm and wakes up at 7am. It takes her about 1/2 hour to fall asleep, and I estimate she gets about 10.5 hours of sleep a night. This is how much she needs. If she gets less she wakes up tired and grumpy, doesn't perform as well during the day, and gets sick more often. We make exceptions, of...
I actually thought of the glass container idea and have given it a try. I loved the concept: inexpensive, non-toxic, and easily cleaned... Sadly it did not work out. My husband is a cycle commuter and the glass containers and jars kept rattling and chipping in his panniers. The lunch tub isn't treated very carefully at my daughter's school, so she had some of the same issues. It worked great for me, though!
I really want to start packing a lunch for my husband, my daughter, and myself as we go out to our respective jobs/Sheol five days a week. I haven't been very consistent about this as it has been too hard to come opus with three different lunches fr three people. However, my husband is sick of eating for the deli at the grocery store, I am sick of buying freeze dried backpacking lunches when I get hungry at work (I work for an outdoor recreation store), and of course my...