or Connect

Posts by tinuviel_k

Congratulations!
Go Krissy! I hope your run has been a positive, empowering experience! I think it is wonderful that you are putting yourself out there, and I wish we could have a whole crowd of MDC mamas cheering you on in person.
I never have. I don't tip the plumber, electrician, or furnce servicer, and this feels like a similar kind of service.
In my relationship the lying would be worse than the actual affair (which would be incredibly devastating.) My relationship is built on trust. In trust their can be mistakes but there is no room for intentional, lifelong lies. I don't buy the whole "it's kinder to let him live in ignorance and not disclose truths that might hurt him" philosophy. To me that seems like a cop-out. If my partner had an affair and strong feelings for another person I want to know! I don't want...
I agree: get as big of a freezer as you can! I have a huge upright and I fill it up completely. I freeze tons of fruit, stocks, bulk meats, etc.
At our school we fill out a questionnaire at the end of the school year listing our child's traits, particular friends, children they have challenges with, and how we feel their learning will be best supported. We are not allowed to request a certain teacher, though. Near the end of summer a committee meets, goes through all of the forms, and assigns each child a class. No teachers are allowed: in fact, they cover the windows so the staff can't see in! We are in a public...
This doesn't work for me, and I haven't shaved in over a decade. And it sure doesnt work that way for most guys, and none of them shave!I'm okay if I am at home for recreating, but when I am at work I need deodorant. I don't mind my natural scent, but the people at work are sure not going to appreciate it in a professional setting. I've noticed that if I am stressed out about something that I start to stink more, so if I am having a stressful day at work I need something...
My daughter is 9, and she really outgrew her play kitchen by age 6.5 or so. We got her an Easy Bake oven at age 6, and that was fun for about 1 month! The mixes didnt taste good, all the food was sugary, and the stuff was pretty bad ingredient-wise. After the novelty wore off she really wanted to learn to make real cakes, with actual technique, not just dump-and-stir. She is very interested in real cooking, and can do scrambled eggs solo and has recently mastered smoothie...
Are you looking for something with competitions to help her work through her "sore loser" issues? Or would you rather have her in a class where the only compition is herself? I would speak with several of the dodos you are considering to see if any of them are on the competition track. If one really enjoys competition then a style with lots of sparring and meets might be good. If not, look for a dojo where competition is not part of the class. Some classes also do a lot of...
All of the martial arts can be quite different. Of the four you listed, you can divide them into "hard" style and "soft" style. For an example of what that means check out this link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_and_soft_(martial_arts) At a very basic level hard style martial arts focus more on the offensive, and soft style is more defensive. Karate and taekwondo deal with kicking, punching, strikes, and attacks. Aikido and jujitsu focus more on using the energy of...