or Connect

Posts by tinuviel_k

Ha! I was going to post the same thing. Tomatoes in our area are an uphill battle for sure. Sigh.
I'm sorry. Money woes are really hard. In this case, though, I completely agree with your mother. When someone writes me a check I assume that they actually have the money to cover it. If someone wrote me a check and asked me to wait three days to cash it and then I waited and it bounced I would be pretty annoyed. If that person then scolded me for depositing the check without asking first I would be very, very upset. And I would never lend them money again. I'm not...
Honestly, Burley and Chariot are both good companies with great products, and I think you'd be happy with either. I had the Chariot Couger two, and we loved it. I think the D'lite and the Encore are both quality trailers. I'd go with the D'lite because of the better suspension, but we ride in some off-pavement situations where that is a helpful feature. If you will be sticking to smooth pavement the Encore should be just fine.
I posted "other." I despise stubble and hate shaving, so I wax. It lasts longer, I only have to deal with it every month or so, and I never have stubble.
Yes, I think to some degree there are regional trends with corporal punishment. I think that there are people who spank everywhere, but certainly there are regions and demographics that seem to encourage it or to discourage it. Here is a link to a map that shows which states allow spanking in schools, for instance. There are some exceptions like Idaho, Whyoming, and Colorado, but the vast majority of the states that allow it are in the...
I just picked up an older Presto pressure cooker at a garage sale. It looks to be in fabulous shape, was in the original box with the original manual, and all of the parts (gasket, pressure gauge, valve, etc) look to be in fine condition. I spoke with the original owner, an older woman who's been canning forever. She's used it every year for decades for her canning, but is moving to a new home with no garden. I purchased it for $10, and then called up Presto. Apparently...
I work in customer service a larger retail store, and if you'd bout those shoes from us I would hope that you would bring them back! A thought for you: if Macy's gives you trouble about returning I'd recommend shoe shopping at REI if you have one near you. There are lots of cute outdoor casual styles, and REI has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all their products, worn or no.
I voted for Shiloh. I know several Zoe kids and teens in my area, and a few similar like Zofia (one pronounced Zoh-fee-ah and one Zoh-fye-ah). Zoe has been in the top 30 female baby names in the state of Washington for awhile, and was in the top 20 in 2010. Not that this would stop my from naming my baby a name I loved, of course.
I am a huge believer in natural medicine. I see a naturopath and holistic physician, and I am a home herbalist. For an abcessed tooth I would go to the dentist as soon as possible. I really feel that tooth infections are not something to mess around with if possible. The risk of the infection spreading to the bone, soft tissue, or bloodstream is enough that I would want it taken care of ASAP. A person I am acquainted with decided to treat his abcessed tooth naturally, but...
I use several different things as mulch. I do use grass clippings. Every third mowing or so I use the bag attachment on the mower and collect the clippings as I mow. I use them on my garlic and asparagus beds. In the fall I rake leaves from nearby public sidewalks, bag them up, and haul them home. Then I mow over them with my mulching lawn mower with the bag attached, and I get lots of great shredded leaf mulch to use on the beds over the winter. I also get bales of...