or Connect

Posts by ExOfficia

Today, I am grateful for:   enough money to order takeout for dinner without guilt air conditioning in my home new lighting in my kitchen, which has taken away my headaches
Ok, the condensed version of my story.  My husband of 20+ years dumped me a year and a half ago for an exgf he'd reconnected with over the internet.  (They're no longer together, surprise surprise).  I have been a SAHM ever since my kids were born.  I did have a career prior to having them, not a high paying one (social work), but a career nonetheless.    The first few months of being separated I was busy mourning, taking care of the kids, trying to get a separation...
You have chicken broth, olive oil and arborio rice...and from the sounds of it some veggies that you get from the farmer's market.  How about a nice risotto?  I do a really nice simple one with kale & mushrooms, but you can put almost any kind of veg in risotto and it works.
Joining in for the first time here :)   I've been following a system of sorts for paying down my debt ever since my ex and I split up, about a year and a half ago.  I'm still very much in transition financially.  I was a SAHM for 10+ years.  Right now I am getting both spousal and child support, but am going back to school in the fall, and am currently working only sporadically for a friend's business.  Because my ex is a higher income earner, my support payments are...
Thystle:  sorry about your layoff, that sucks.  I hope you qualify for some sort of unemployment insurance...   frugalmama:  I've been selling a lot of books too, but on Amazon.  I should check our half-price books, I wonder if the cut is any better.     mamayogibear:  I hope your ex pays up- that is so wrong!   mamaofprincesses:  I'm sorry about your mother...that's when I feel poorest, when something really awful and unexpected happens, and there's no...
How about a few wrap sweaters?  Maybe not where you are at this time of year, but for fall & winter.  I have a few thin-ish ones and I will wear a cami underneath because I'm self-conscious about where the V ends up, and I find it works really well.  I have a figure similar to yours, and I love these with everything from skirts to jeans to pants.  I have a couple of great ones that I got a few years ago, in cotton, at H & M.
I'm 44 and for the first time ever not only do I have acne, but I have it on my back.  It's gross and really bothering me.  Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of it?  I did buy a long scrubby thing (a 'back strap') in hopes that exfoliating it might help.  Anything else I can use?  I like to wear my hair up off my neck when it's hot and sticky and that mess is so unsightly.    Help?
I've belonged to a CSA for a couple of years now.  I split a full share with another single mum family, and it works well for us.  We used to split it weekly, but now we are going to try each taking the full share every second week.  As someone else pointed out, a weekly half share is often not enough to spread among the three of us.  I'm also curious to see if doing it this new way results in less wastage, since we'll have a bit longer to go through it before the next...
What does your gut tell you about his motives?  In my case, my ex and I differ on a number of lifestyle issues (he could eat deep-fried fast food crap every day and be fine with it- I don't think he's ever made a salad!), and what I realized over time was that he rarely did things out of spite, but out of cluelessness or laziness.  When we were together we were a typical codependent unit where I overfunctioned in terms of taking care of the family, and he very much...
What a long road you've traveled.  I'm so happy for you!