or Connect

Posts by ExOfficia

Well, I caved in and did what I promised myself I wouldn't do- I took from my (already high) line of credit.  I'm in a spot with my ex where I just will not, under any circumstances, go to him for extra help.  Anyhow, it was good to buy some fresh fruit and veg, and take advantage of a couple of specials at the supermarket.  Mostly we've been eating out of the pantry, but we were almost out on fresh stuff.  A salad never tasted so good.  I think now we're okay until...
    I'm not sure we have that here (I'm in Canada).  I'm okay for the basics, food especially.  I make most things from scratch as I'm not working much right now, and I keep a pretty well stocked pantry.  I didn't know the Mormon church could help- thanks for that.  I will check them out should I ever be stuck this way again...      
I'm joining you.  I'm in a real bind this month (every month is tight but this one is impossible), thanks to my apparent inability to look at the calendar.  I normally receive support payments from my xh twice a month.  My mortgage payment comes out two days afterwards- BUT- March was one of these crazy months where I have three mortgage payments instead of two :(.  Meaning, I totally misbudgeted.  Plus, the government seems to think I am still married (due to a stupid...
Ok!  So far so good.  Done my filing, and I'm about to clean up the easel.  Laundry's in progress- but I'm not even going to think about ironing until tonight, it's sooooo nice out today!
Saturday is almost over but I'm going to try to get some things off my list tomorrow- this is such a great idea for a thread!   So, Sunday I shall:   -clean up the kids' art easel so that I can sell it -put ALL the laundry away -finish the (ugh) ironing -finish filing the pile of papers in my office    
I've been going through a bit of a rough time of late, feeling lousy and beating myself up over some mistakes that I've made.  I could really use a little self-esteem boost.   So, today I did a bunch of things that I want to pat myself on the back for, things that I never did when I was married.  I'd instead cajole and tip toe around my ex trying to get him to pick up some slack around the house without him resenting me for it.  Of course, I'd resent him all the...
Hi mamas :)   Hope you don't mind me jumping in.  I've been following this thread for a few weeks now, and when I first saw it I was so happy because there was a name for how I've been living my life.    I'm a single mum of two kids, and I haven't worked in a conventional job since before my daughter was born.   When I was with my ex, I started doing a bit of ebay, initially just to get rid of the kids things as they got older, as with one income we were...
Hi Freedom Mama...   I could have written your post.  I am just coming out of my first relationship post-separation with my ex.  I had been single for about a year when I met someone, and had been in a really good place...feeling positive about myself as a single parent, looking forward to working again after being at home with my kids for 10 years, being grateful for the amazing tribe of women in my life, who were there so much for me over the last few years while I...
I've been making an effort of late to use more dried beans than canned.  I ambitiously soaked and then cooked a huge pot of garbanzo beans yesterday and we're going out of town tomorrow (what was I thinking?).  I'm wondering if I can freeze them to use when we get back?  They're not in any sort of liquid, just in a covered glass container in the fridge.   Thanks all :)
I've been separated from my ex for about a year and a half now.  I have my kids about 75% of the time, and I've been working only very sporadically (with a friend's business which is seasonal), so effectively I am a SAHM.  Prior to separating, I'd been at home full-time with my kids since they were born.    My ex is a dog (not meaning to insult dogs, but you know what I mean!) on so many levels, but he's been good on financial stuff.  I get both child and spousal...