or Connect

Posts by ExOfficia

About your ex going back on his promises...I find that being disappointed in the ex is one of the hardest emotions for me to deal with. I truly feel for you and understand completely why you'd put it to him in those terms about next year. As for us...the ax only fell a month ago, he is still living here. The kids don't know yet. We've agreed that we're not telling them until closer to when he is to move out, which will be early February. For the most part it is okay...
Oh wow, I am totally impressed! I have not followed your saga but you must have gone on quite the journey to get there. You are proof to me that there *is* hope
I definitely struggled with this. I have had bouts of depression and anxiety at various points in my life, and last year it came to a major head. I had been trying a variety of natural remedies (including L-tryptophan, 5-HTP, magnesium, fish oils, and a couple of homeopathics) but things were getting worse, and not better. I wasn't doing these things on my own, but under the supervision of a naturopath. I think what happened was that my issues had been building up for...
I have hosted make-your-own-pizza nights. I make my own dough all the time anyways, so what I do is pre-roll out some individual crusts. I buy the big giant bricks of mozzarella at Costco, when it's on special. They freeze really well so when they do have it I try to get a couple. If there are other interesting cheeses on special (goat, smoked gouda, feta are my faves) I might get some of those too. Onions are cheap, and a couple of peppers go a long way. I try to...
Happy Sunday everyone, I've had some good money karma today- I found $15 in loonies and toonies ($1 and $2 coins here in Canada, LOL) in an old wallet. I went out to do a few groceries, as we had run out of a ton of basics, like bread, peanut butter, fruit and veg, everything dairy. I managed to do a really good load where I got almost everything we needed on good discounts, plus some with coupons on top of the discounts. I don't think I paid full price for a single...
If there is one thing I am quickly learning on this journey is that it is totally possible to have multiple, contradictory feelings at the same time. I am happy and excited on your behalf- enjoy this new chapter of your life!
I've had a pretty good couple of days. Yesterday was ds' birthday. Fortunately he is a homebody and doesn't like going out to restaurants etc. too much, so he requested his favorite meal- the exciting combination of spaghetti with parmesan. As for gifts, I'd found him a couple of his favorite books thrifting (Flat Stanley and a Garfield comic collection), plus a Garfield DVD from the $5 bin. I also literally found in our house an iPod shuffle, that stbx had...
Quote: Originally Posted by lilyka Even though I was blindsided by the affair (ok I wasn't but I was shocked he was actually having sex with her, o k i wasn't but thats because for 5 years I had been in denial....) I saw the divorce coming miles away. This is where I keep wanting to go back and beat myself up. I did see it coming, in spades. When I look back I realize that he has always (and this predates our relationship) been someone...
I don't know if my experience really counts here- after all, stbx is still living here and will be for another 5 or 6 weeks. But still. We got our first huge dump of snow last week. Stbx was out looking at apartments, and it was coming down heavy. We have a long 50 ft driveway that stbx always shoveled. He'd then come in the house all tired and martyred and wanting a medal (this, despite the fact that I do over 90% of everything around here anyway). I am...
I agree with Theia- you just know when you know. For many years, I was like your husband, I was still "in love" even though I knew there were issues with him that would have ultimately been deal breakers. And when he finally dropped the bomb on me, I was more relieved than I cared to admit. And absolutely, I did know at that moment. Don't lose sight of the fact that you deserve to be happy. I wish I'd caught on to this earlier. Just one more thing- as a sort of...